Apple Media Event September 10 2013

chromaniac said:
Device would be future proof? It's not like Apple would be able to release software updates that would increase the RAM on the hardware OTA. :
And as long as Apple is going to support iPhone 4/4S/5, they would have to release all updates and apps in both 32bit and 64bit. I am not even sure if this is worth the effort right now.
Device on android. For iPhone 1gb is enough anyways.

Actually, i think this is more focused on developers who can start working on next generation mobile apps for the iPhone and iOS.
It's not like Apple cannot develop eight core processors. They license the same tech from ARM which other companies do. They do not need to do that. Their platform is much more optimized (and restricted) which ensures that they do not need similar kind of processing capabilities on their hardware.

chromaniac said:
I can only speak about what i have seen. iPhone 3gs ran ios 6 just fine. ios 7 final for iphone 4/4s/5 is not yet out officially. so commenting on its performance on these devices right now is probably not a fair comparison.
Yes, I have used iPhone 3GS and 4G on iOS 6 and performance was good (not the browsing performance, iOS hangs alot in browsing experience , even in iPhone 4. )
Dude, iOS 7 final version would probably get some bug fixes or likewise... I have used beta 6 till date and there was hang, even when I reset everything and deleted all the content. It's my brother's iPhone, and he is keeping that device just to show others that , hey , I have Apple product.. show me some respect bullshit.
If people want to just show off, tell their standards by their phones, then yeah, sure go for iPhones. Best phones ever to show your standards. But if you actually want performance, satisfaction and don't care abt what other's might think of your device, then we all know which device is huge right now. I'll give you a hint.... it's certainly not APPLE.
Just to add something more, even go for samsung products .. if you think your friends will respect you more with that product. But at the same price ( or even lowered i.e ~ 38k ) HTC one is giving us aluminum body in comparison to Samsung's shitty plastic shit. so what's more worth ? /// yeah , say it.. say samsung gawd dammit because I don't expect much from nubs anyways. ( this is not directed to your chromaniac but the general public )
It's like.. if there comes 5 bananas for 20 rs... you are not feeling comfortable buying them but if the same guy sells you 3 bananas for same 20rs cost, you buy them. What an idiotic thinking. Please evolve brothers.
chromaniac said:
Actually, i think this is more focused on developers who can start working on next generation mobile apps for the iPhone and iOS.
It's not like Apple cannot develop eight core processors. They license the same tech from ARM which other companies do. They do not need to do that. Their platform is much more optimized (and restricted) which ensures that they do not need similar kind of processing capabilities on their hardware.
Okay.. optimization.. very well commented and I do agree with your point. But then what the hell is wrong with their prices huh? care to explain please? If they are providing low performance hardware ( but is good nuf to handle iOS 7 ) then their prices should be lowered too imo no ?

Apple has always charged a premium for their hardware. They do that even today. So, I am not sure why it surprises people even today. They make money from hardware. They do not have an extensive services ecosystem similar to Google or Amazon. Though the money they make from iCloud or iTunes is what we call सोने पे सुहागा.

chromaniac said:
Apple has always charged a premium for their hardware. They do that even today. So, I am not sure why it surprises people even today.
No it doesn't surprise me. but it sure surprises me when they say, iPhone 5C and for C = cheap? Really?
I am not talking abt 2 yr contract here, which we all know this thing doesn't work here in India(or may be it does but I'm not familiar with that ). So for us... cheap phone is for 38k probably with incl taxes/shipping. Well.... so much for calling that iPhone 5C=! Cheap.

This is the same situation like the Moto X, which was released with lower hardware but was very much optimized ( for which I respect motorola no worries ) ... but with that price tag? seriously? I'm not coming here with the dual core point or something, and anyways, the news did come saying moto X will get the price lower in Q4 so yeah, very much satisfied that it indeed will be affordable. But with Apple it's completely different story. The people who doesn't have any knowledge abt a phone's hardware, think the best phone is with Apple. So even if apple release a shitty phone people still support them... and then it never get's it's priced reduced.

It's the tech media which called it a budget iPhone. Apple is just using cheaper material and lower end hardware. I am guessing 5c is more profitable to them per unit compared to 5s.
Anyways. As people have already highlighted. This would have never happened under Steve Jobs.

lol. new joke on social media is that when thieves steal your iphone 5s, they would cut your finger as well.

chromaniac said:
lol. new joke on social media is that when thieves steal your iPhone 5s, they would cut your finger as well.
Some iphone 5s/5c trivia -Q. What does the c in the iphone 5c mean Ans - Cheap Q.What did Apple come up with gold and silver colours for iphone 5s Ans - So that people don't mistake it for iphone 5 Q Why did apple use a 64 bit architecture in iphone 5s They wanted to show that their is atleast something which iphone 5s has which no other smartphone has Q. Why did apple stick to the 8 MP camera for iphone 5s Ans They are saving the 12MP innovation for iphone 6

Back