Apple: US Government is asking us to build a backdoor on our software

Thus telling the entire Silicon Valley to immediately shut down operations in USA and move to some other country. Smart move that would be.

Exactly. So USA gov can not really do anything. Apple should just keep on refusing. I dont think they can put anyone in jail for this. Can they?

I am not sure how the process works in the USA. The Justice Department should have enough powers to force Apple to do what FBI is asking. I mean you cannot refuse to comply with Supreme Court judgement here in India right? Which is why FBI messed up by making this case public hoping to get public sympathy. Even the people affected by the crime involved are openly supporting Apple here.

Feds move to postpone iPhone hearing

"On Sunday, March 20, 2016, an outside party demonstrated to the FBI a possible method for unlocking [terrorist Syed] Farook’s iPhone," federal prosecutors said in a filing Monday afternoon. "Testing is required to determine whether it is a viable method that will not compromise data on Farook’s iPhone. If the method is viable, it should eliminate the need for the assistance from Apple Inc. (“Apple”) set forth in the All Writs Act Order in this case."

But this proves Apple's security claim wrong!!

They said they used AES 256 bit encryption key that would take atleast 15 years to crack!

But here FBI cracked it in less than 15 weeks!!

I have an alternate version!

Apple is bluffing to public that they wont help FBI

But behind the door they may have!! :D

Back