Applied for a new connection - Aundh, Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Airtel
I had applied for a new reliance broadband connection (to get the Thunder 1099 plan) on 24th March, 2014 in Aundh, Pune. I was told that service is available in my area and a sales representative will come in 2-3 days.
As expected, no one called or showed up. I have called customer care for 4-5 times now (after every 5 days or so) and every single time they had the same reply - "We are extremely sorry, we have forwarded your request as urgent to the sales department and a representative would come to you in 2 days".
This shows the pathetic service of reliance communication, even in a city like Pune. I dare not imagine what the situation would be in other places.
I never imagined that there would be any company in the world that would not want new customers. But, i think i have found the one and only company.
Anyways, i have complained to the nodal officer today. Lets see, if that helps.
I started this post to inform everyone about the problems i faced and will face to get a new connection (if Reliance wants to give one).

Using Airtel broadband in Aundh... it's awesome and it's very stable.. Constant speed of 8MB/s.

Amar said:
Using Airtel broadband in Aundh... it's awesome and it's very stable.. Constant speed of 8MB/s.
you mean 8mbps , that too with FUP and terrible data caps after which your speed will probably drop to something terrible .

@pawan dude, why don't you enquire if fivenet is available there or not. Fivenet is very good compared to other isps. If Reliance isn't interested in providing you service, you should not waste efforts chasing them.

You broadband also available in Aundh.

I am getting this on 12 Mbps plan:

Aundh resident here. Using You broadband 1Mbps unlimited plan.

Is there any downtime in YOU broadband in Aundh?
I am already using airtel, but the problem is if you exceed the FUP limits your speed goes down to 512kbps. Now, after using 4mbps it just becomes impossible to survive the billing cycle at 512kbps. Higher FUP limits cost a lot in Airtel.
Btw, got a reply from nodal officer today - "Kindly note that we have forwarded your concern to our 1st level escalation i.e Customer Care and they will respond to you shortly."
This is a joke, my mail clearly states that i have called customer care 5-6 times, and the geniuses forward my request back to customer care. Wow.

I'm going to go a little offtopic here....Has anyone heard a ISP called Purple broadband in Pune??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back