Authenticity of Hathway HD STB provideo by LCO?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ameet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,579
ISP
BSNL
Hi All,
I have recently installed Hathway HD set top box through my LCO. I paid him 4500/ for the box. I already had Hathway STB and now I just got it replaced by HD box. The HD picture quality is quite good but I am not happy with STB channel pictures quality. I think its really bad compare to what I had seen on my STB. First i thought it could be because subconsciously I am comparing it with HD quality but I guess that's not the case; actually today my mom's friend came home and she saw our new HD set top box and she informed my mom that they have these boxes for sell at their shop (they have a mobile-cum-accessories shop) and this cable guy buys these set top boxes from them for 2000/ and sells it to the customers. Now I am slightly worried about the authenticity of this set top box provided by the LOC. He had told me that he procured it from Hathway office. But now I am not sure if he was telling me the truth.
Is there any way we can authenticate the genuineness of these boxes? I tried looking for Hathway HD models and pictures online but couldn't find anything substantial to clear my doubt. Found only one picture of HD box on Hathway website and it's different from the box which has been installed in my home. But I guess the picture on website could be of old HD box and perhaps the model installed at my house is the latest model which has not been updated on the website. Actually I am not really sure how to figure out if I have the original HD box which is worth 4500/-
I would be glad if someone who has bought the Hathway HD box recently from Hathway office or from the LOC could put couple of pics of the model or may be some specification about the model to help me cross verify the authenticity of the model provided by my LOC.
Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Gopi could be please help?
Regards,
Ameet

Normally all Hathway STBs have their logo.

Yes, as Vrij said, STBs have hathway logo on them.
Check in the settings to see if you have selected 1080i mode. To do that press Menu ---> Red round button --->System Settings ---> Enter 0000 as the password ---> HD settings and select 1080i. After the settings change, check if the quality of the picture improves.

Back