• Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,214

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
Guys,

Have any of you noticed this?

Earlier auto-disconnect time was 12 hrs, and now they've reduced it to 6 hrs. :O

I lost almost 2 hrs of my download last night. :confused:

Anybody else noticed the same?

I have had this on two occasions but on the second occasion it seems to have logged back in automatically after disconnecting. I was using the standard Windows XP PPPoE dialer at that time and if I remember it has a feature to redial 60 seconds after a disconnection. Maybe that's what saved me the second time (the first time around my modem wasn't in bridge mode at all, so no dialer hence no reconnect!)

autodisconnect time of 6 hours is good, imagine you downloaded 3-4 gbsovernight and forgot to turn the router off before 8.automatic disconnection is good.1600 mb in 5-6 hours, cmon, you can do better than that:thumb:

@inetbum - yes, i'm using the same dialer and it sure has an option of reconnect after 60 seconds...no idea why it didn't reconnect...when i woke up at 8:30 am, it was disconnected...and when i checked my usage, i got to know that it was disconnected by MTNL and not my scheduler :confused:@lashy - it was scheduled to disconnect, so no real worry of not disconnecting or something...was downloading from a torrent...didn't get much speed... :(

Yes auto disconnect time has now been made 6 hrs...i have been following it closely..initially it was 12 hrs then they made it 8 hrs now 6 ..I find it very frustrating coz of the voip calls getting disrupted and also i cant download more than 540 MB if the server doesnt support resuming..

autodisconnect time of 6 hours is good, imagine you downloaded 3-4 gbs
overnight and forgot to turn the router off before 8.
automatic disconnection is good.

But they should auto-disconnect at around 8 then. Why have us lose 2 hours!

yeah...and for that matter their software should be smart enough to disconnect at 8 (no matter what time u connected) and reconnect after that...rest is upto the user to switch off the modem or not...

did happen a few times for me in mumbai some time back, but no problems now.the biggest problem with auto disconnect is if you are downloading from a server which doesnt support resume, no probs with torrents though.

happened again last night...

but this time it tried to redial and ended up with this problem... :confused:

^^ were u downloading a torrent at that time??The reason i have asked this is that when the dialer tries to reconnect while the torrent is already set to downloading something; it tends to give one error or the other.but when u stop the torrent and then try to reconnect, then there's no problem..

Back