Average Indian uses 1.4GB bandwidth. Fair Usage Policy is a freaking joke.

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 10,371
gone. i would be losing revenues because of this block :)
emmm thanks ???

gone. i would be losing revenues because of this block :)

oh comon, you will block most of the ads this way. most of the ads these days are misleading. User/Visitor should be smart enough to not fall for these. Also there is enough info on the forum regarding these misleading ads. if i were you, i 'd turn it back on.

i am using 15 GB when i am on 1mbps. no torrents.. only occasional videos.i use 8 gb with same pattern if I am on 320kbps...

geez that airtel advertise claiming 4mbps for 899 is annoying opera can you try to do to avoid it on this website atleast ??? ITA A FAKE AD with 25 GB LIMIT for 4MBPS... man I would be like done with it in 2 days and then suck airtel???

Instead of hurting his source of revenue, why not block it at your end? I use an ad blocker, and if not for your comment, I wouldn't even have known that there is an Airtel ad on this forum.

people who click on ads are generally people who have no idea that they are clicking on the ad. his suggestion made perfect sense. i could not let airtel advertise a FUPed connection without relevant details clearly stated on this forum.

I think it is still best left to the individual to decide. It isn't like you have tied up with them either. We have sufficient content on this forum which goes into details about Airtel's FUP.

In other news, the average Indian is a n00b. 1.4 GB? I'm not surprised.2GB is more than enough for all the uncle-aunty types. Most of teh n00bs/uncle-aunty types I've met have said this. In fact, when I ask the question "How fast is your broadband?", I usually get a reply "100 Mbps". I'm sure most of the people don't even know the difference between LAN speed and the actual broadband speed.

average indian also has a job. average indian comes home, watches a bit of tv. have food and go to sleep. :)

Back