Average Indian uses 1.4GB bandwidth. Fair Usage Policy is a freaking joke.

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 10,371
I am a Proud Indian and I must say this is really a freakin joke and I am laughing lookin at these stats, I Myself use 100GB per month on my 2Mbps Unlimited Nivyah without any Fair Usage Policy for Rs.1.5k per month.:)

average indian also has a job.

average indian comes home, watches a bit of tv. have food and go to sleep. :)
well it depends...i mean india is not as developed as USA inn terms of broadband penetration!
i mean i know an "average indian" who has a job..but he's very much into technology..uses HTC phone with 3G...has high speed internet at home...and has ultra high speed at work....i asked him how much per month he uses broadband..he said excluding office work...close to 5ooGB per month!

it is just because in those days we did download movies and vids.... but then there was no online video or music site... so we did that by kazaaa... hence u see there is change in user behaviour...

WTH ?The guys who did this survey are total village idiots , and don't even usethe internet. I guess they got their data from distant rural areas >_>1.4 GB per month !? Are you frigging kidding me? :Bat:If this was the US someone would have filed a suit against them for publish of inappropriateand contradictory data and made a quick buck & taught them a lesson.

There are a hell of of ppl in this country who use pathetically slow internet especially in 2nd/3rd tier cities. For every bandwidth hogger like us, there exist 100's of others who are still on 256Kbps connections which unfortunately don't even provide that much.

WTH ?

The guys who did this survey are total village idiots , and don't even use
the internet. I guess they got their data from distant rural areas >_>

1.4 GB per month !? Are you frigging kidding me? :Bat:

If this was the US someone would have filed a suit against them for publish of inappropriate
and contradictory data and made a quick buck & taught them a lesson.
Perfectly plausible. I know plenty of people that don't use the net for much more than checking their e-mail ID's or reading e-news. India has a huge population, and the broadband coverage isn't close to being what it should be.

WTH ?

The guys who did this survey are total village idiots , and don't even use
the internet. I guess they got their data from distant rural areas >_>

1.4 GB per month !? Are you frigging kidding me? :Bat:

If this was the US someone would have filed a suit against them for publish of inappropriate
and contradictory data and made a quick buck & taught them a lesson.

I believe that the study might be true.

Speeds are just too low in most cities for people to reach TB usage.
On top of that, there is ridiculous limits of 1 GB set previously by ISPs. All this together has shaped up people's usage habits.

What you think about it are just your opinions. You may want to use 100GB+ every month. But your neighbor may not think same because he is on 500 MB limit plan, budget constraints and different priorities in life.

Average usage must be slightly high in cities, metros. But it's completely opposite in villages. As you know India is having majority of the population in villages, the average of data usage between cities and villages can come down to as low as 1.4 GB. Scary but true.

So chill. Consider yourself to be lucky!!!

That doesn't make sense, they would be dividing by the number of internet users only.

maybe even that would do coz a lot of people use internet just to check mails, go online on orkut & facebook. they dont download stuff in large size. many still use very limited usage scheme. and even more use it on mobile which further reduces per head consumption.

and who knows who carried out the report weather some govt freak or some one who wants to promote low usage policy..... who knows

Back