Average Indian uses 1.4GB bandwidth. Fair Usage Policy is a freaking joke.

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 10,371
FUP is kinda joke considering the fact that we are still living in 'ancient' age of internet with 256kbps (min) broadband speed. FUP came to light thanks to stupid & corrupted telecom dept of govt. of India.

FUP has also enabled companies like Airtel to introduce 4mbps plans at affordable rates.

FUP has also enabled companies like Airtel to introduce 4mbps plans at affordable rates.

That's right. But minimum amount of data transfer must be around 100GB like every other country in the world. That ust not be at 10 or 15GB, even at 5 GB. :huh:

it's not low. it's an estimated average. if i had a regular job and i was just checking emails at home, i would not consume much myself. a lot of people have internet connections for just that. checking emails and other casual stuff. not everyone downloads from the web.

it's not low. it's an estimated average.

if i had a regular job and i was just checking emails at home, i would not consume much myself.

a lot of people have internet connections for just that. checking emails and other casual stuff. not everyone downloads from the web.
True that......but if thats the average then can't ISP's use higher FUP's?

Yeah agreed but India need growth in communication area that it s gonna increase users and data speed! lets hope..

Back