BAD Experience with Reliance Wireline Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter hyde
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 12,937
Status
Not open for further replies.
@hyde me too in the same position. Night 1 mbps speed doesn't exceed 825 kbps, Day 600 kbps is fine. Did u get the solution? What's the current status? Reply ASAP

@hyd..............r u there to reply my query?

@raj2007-Sorry got a little busy with work. My broadband speed fluctuates all the time between 830kbps - 910kbps. I called CC and they said that we'll get 80% of the said speed. I am happy with the performance with the Reliance broadband overall. Cheaper than Airtel, no FUP. There were initial hiccups at the beginning but everything sorted out. :)

@hyde.........thanks for the reply.....my doubt is if i migrate to 1 mbps day/night will the speed be the same(less) or will it improve....have you tried it?

Can u tell me what are u using to download?? I mean r u talking of torrents??Coz torrents' speed has a lot to do with the seeders too, right??If there are slow seeders at night, then u wont get the max speed may be......Just take my case - if i get fast seeders, my speed jumps into MBYTES/s......no mistake this - its Mbytes.....u would have seen that in other thread as well.But these kinds of windfalls never occured for me on MTNL - i think this has something to do with the kind of technology Reliance Wired line is using.

In morning i get full speed 600+ kbps (72-75 kb/s) while at night i get only 800-850 kbps (90-100 kb/s). I've been an Airtel customer for 6+ years & i know what i'm talking about....my last option is to migrate to 1 mbps day/night during my next billing cycle & confirm it...

Yaar, i just wanted to know that r u using torrents or what??

torrents 90-100 kb/s, files downloaded from server using IDM 100-115 kb/s fluctuating. Done all the major speedtest's available & it always shows 800-850 kbps (upto 925 kbps very rarely)

Atleast ask their CC guy to visit your place once.....thats the best option, if ur issue isnt resolved & u dont find any other way.

two guys came yesterday & said they dont have proper equipments to test the line...WTH?...will be back on monday with a laptop during early morning(1 mbps 10 pm - 8 am)

Oh, now thats TRULY Unprofessional!! Just a similar experience i had with MTNL - they would come to my place, and then tell me "We will call our senior"......Hope they live up to the image they have built up atleast over here. All the Best!!

@raj2007 I really have no idea if the speed will change if I upgrade to 1Mbps as I am satisfied that at such low tariff of Rs.749 my work is getting done. As I use download torrents mostly when I have no other work or watching a movie. So 600Kbps Day and near 1Mbps (850Kbps-900Kbps in my case most of the time)at night with no FUP is excellent.

I even summoned the tech from Reliance to check my connection and all they did is check my connect for possible disturbance and tried performing speed test.

If you get lucky do let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back