Bangalore Airtel 4G Speedtest & Review

dunno. it seemed to be downloading from youtube but appeared to be a full movie in hd. :| i could have messed up something!

dunno. it seemed to be downloading from youtube but appeared to be a full movie in hd. :| i could have messed up something!

You were right, it was an abvious mistake made in haste... didn't realise it at the moment

I don think trace route is possible in wireless!!!! only pings!!! I haven't seen BTS switching to int. ofc cables.

I guess you were partially right, results are here:

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 8.8.8.8

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

Finally had some time to experiment with the USB Capabilities, my findings:

- This Router does not support 2 TB Hard drives, was able to get 500gb & 1 TB external hard drives to work on the USB ports. Router interface would freeze if a 2 TB Seagate Model # STBV2000300 was connected
- Only LAN FTP share was possible, WAN sharing could not be used nor could we use any other protocol except FTP... *Needs citation
- Router allows us to create upto 5 FTP users with either 'Read Only' or 'Read/Write' Permissions
- Router takes approx 5-10 seconds to respond when we click on "USB Management->Server Settings" to configure the external storage depending on the size of the hard drive connected
- Transfer rates from the USB HDD to the computer via FTP is around 2-3 MBPS only, which is pretty much the average speed of mid range routers with such USB Capabilities

Snapshot of USB Management before connecting the external hard drive:

After connecting a 500gb HDD:

Configuring users:

Speed achieved during large file transfer on FTP:

Also from this screenshot, VOID is disabled as of now & shows the following message:

Awesome results, thank you so much!Could you also take your time to get only the latencies for the below IP's? No need of trace-routes :)111.118.213.175109.73.166.3107.6.120.983.170.69.1480.83.122.110I know it's too much to ask for, I was just wondering what are the ping times to around the world, not just to local servers :)

I had a trial of the Airtel 4G Wireless Indoor device but found the range of the signal somewhat limited and decided not to place an order just yet. The technician who visited tried to connect the Airtel wireless device to my existing D-Link router (which I use for BSNL) but without much luck. My question is: can the WiFi range or the Airtel 4G device be extended using the D-Link as attempted or using a WiFi Extender such as the Netgear Universal Range Extender? Thank you.SB *

Some more speed tests, getting speeds of around 20 Mbps in most servers:

Download from Microsoft Servers:

Ubuntu Torrent download:

Awesome results, thank you so much!

Could you also take your time to get only the latencies for the below IP's? No need of trace-routes :)

I know it's too much to ask for, I was just wondering what are the ping times to around the world, not just to local servers :)

Here are the results pal:

111.118.213.175 - 51 ms
109.73.166.3 - 80 ms
107.6.120.9 - 58 ms
83.170.69.14 - 171 ms
80.83.122.110 - 190 ms

Screenshot in case you need more info:
https://i.imgur.com/MbBAA.jpg

Please explain what each of these servers are, if you don't mind

I had a trial of the Airtel 4G Wireless Indoor device but found the range of the signal somewhat limited and decided not to place an order just yet. The technician who visited tried to connect the Airtel wireless device to my existing D-Link router (which I use for BSNL) but without much luck. My question is: can the WiFi range or the Airtel 4G device be extended using the D-Link as attempted or using a WiFi Extender such as the Netgear Universal Range Extender?

Thank you.

SB *

Yes, WiFi range can definitely be extended using Wifi Extenders.
D-Link can also be used to extend range provided it has a RJ-45 WAN port(not RJ11 as in ADSL Router) & also we need to connect a RJ45 cable from the Airtel CPE to Dlink to achieve this

Here are the results pal:

111.118.213.175 - 51 ms
109.73.166.3 - 80 ms
107.6.120.9 - 58 ms
83.170.69.14 - 171 ms
80.83.122.110 - 190 ms

Please explain what each of these servers are, if you don't mind

Thanks!
They're just random IP's of the hosting providers across the world. In particular order :

HostGator India (Hyderabad)
HostDime India (Delhi I think)
Voxel Singapore
UK2 (UK)
DUS (Germany)

Nice pings you've got, maybe it's low as there aren't many 4G subscribers yet, but I guess that might also be a sign of a properly maintained network too :) Do keep this thread updated with your review.

Back