Beam Connection Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter eager
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,305
ISP
Beam
Hello,
I have been using Beam Fiber for 2 years now. Starting last week, I have been having issues with the connection. The connection is good for couple of hours and drops there after. The portal page does not open either. I have to disable the adapter and/or reboot the router. The techs came and reset their modem. Has anyone had similar issues? These issues have come up just when I wanted to upgrade to the 50Mbps plan. I have been using Asus the RT-N13U.B1 router with the dd-wrt firmware. Initially I had thought that it was a router issue and went ahead and bought a replacement but am having the same issues. Any help is appreciated with configuration or tips to rectify this issue.
Thanks,
Mohan

Hello,I have been using Beam Fiber in Hyderabad for about 2 years now. Starting last week, after being connected for couple of hours (varies between 10 minutes to 2 hours), I get disconnected. I cannot access the portal page at this point until I reboot the router. I have been using the Asus RT-N13U.B1 router on Automatic connection running dd-wrt firmware. I bought a new router thinking it was a router issue but am having the same issues. I have also tried connecting the WAN connection directly to the PC but having the same issues. Beam technicians were here earlier and reset their modem but that did not help. This issue cropped up just when I was thinking of upgrading to the 50Mbps plan. Any help in resolving this is appreciated.Thanks,Mohan

Try plugging the beam wire directly to pc and see whether your connection drops or not. If it doesn't ..then its your routers problems. However it does seem like beam's at fault here. Try calling customer care again or post your problem on their facebook page directly. They're quite active there.

eager said:
Hello,
I have been using Beam Fiber for 2 years now. Starting last week, I have been having issues with the connection. The connection is good for couple of hours and drops there after. The portal page does not open either. I have to disable the adapter and/or reboot the router. The techs came and reset their modem. Has anyone had similar issues? These issues have come up just when I wanted to upgrade to the 50Mbps plan. I have been using Asus the RT-N13U.B1 router with the dd-wrt firmware. Initially I had thought that it was a router issue and went ahead and bought a replacement but am having the same issues. Any help is appreciated with configuration or tips to rectify this issue.
Thanks,
Mohan
Hi,
Thanks for contacting Beam Fiber! We recommend you connect with our dedicated customer care executives on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/officialbeamfiber/app_579951868730264 for the quickest resolutions, reviews, questions and more.
Regards,
Beam Fiber

lol. how many beam accounts are we going to get here?also what about customers who do not have an account on facebook?

Back