Beetel 450 BXI disconnection problems?

ISP
Airtel
I have just got a new wi fi router from airtel, beetel 450 bxi, it keeps disconnecting frequently. First disconnects (yahoo messenger goes offline) and then reconnects automatically. Is someone else facing the same problem? Does someone have the firmware upgrade for this modem? The tech guy left the img file on my desktop and didnt update. I, like an idiot deleting the file.It is very irritating to get dc frequently.Plz help :(

I, like an ....... deleting the file
Query 1.Post Device status of your WIFI router 450BX1(one)
Suggestion 1:Filehippo.com download Recuva and use it to restore the deleted FW img file for above.
( better call Airtel CC again. Did the Engr give his cell number !!!?)
Ensure UPS available during FW update.
(see wiki page for Beetel 220BX1 FW version comparison )
Suggestion 2 : In DSL page select only GDMT and bitswap enabled. Check stability.
See Statistics/ADSL page.
The line speed should have reduced. SNR/ATTN values ??
Suggestion 3 : disable client tr_069 under.Maintanence
or change time to higher value say 13600(0) not known: the unit. presumed to be in ms.

UPDATE: airtel guys came..updated the firmware..it didnt help. He finally replaced the router citing some faults. The problem has resolved itself for now.Thanks :)

Can you recover the file name of the FW update for 450BX1?for records. Or post the screenshot of the Device page of the modem/router. Thanks.

Hello Folks,I had the Airtel executive come in to fix the connection to my Beetel 440TXI, since i wrongfully plugged in the main RJ 11 telephone line into the ADSL connector when i was cleaning my desktop. Got it fixed up and running again without any issues. I felt embarrased that i could have fixed this myself, but he had no worries about that and didn't mind of him come over to fix it up. I asked him whether Airtel has come up with new WiFI router models as i was looking to go for the newest one in the market. He told me about the new Beetel 450TXI being offered by Airtel. Apparently he told me that this router has ridiculous connection problems and has got his hands full at attending complaints on just one single issue i.e., the router automatically sets itself to the default factory settings after doing the users settings. Moreover he did not recommend me to go for the new router until Airtel/Beetel comes up with a firmware upgrade for 450TXI. He was an amicable person who did his job perfectly.His timely advice saved me from going to change my old 440TXI to 450TXI.But for the time being i will stick to my old beauty which is up and running without any firmware issues.Cheers:thumb:

@member/itsrocktime/
since i wrongfully plugged in the main RJ 11 telephone line into the ADSL connector when i was cleaning my desktop
Case 1:If you had connected like this , of course no internet !
Main Telephone Port==RJ11==>>ADSL splitter LINEPORT
Phone PORT ===>Rj11 to ADSL modem All signals blocked ?

Case 2:Main telephone port===Rj11== to AdsL modem
Even if you had connected , no harm was done !
You can connect Main Telephone line Rj11 to Adsl (Rj11) input
see

Only the Phone line requires filter components

Additional reference :
adslnation.com/support/filters.php
"GYAN" about ADSL splitters ( micro filters)

@member/itsrocktime/

Thanks man, comes handy just in case. Much appreciated:thumbsup:

Case 1:If you had connected like this , of course no internet !
Main Telephone Port==RJ11==>>ADSL splitter LINEPORT
Phone PORT ===>Rj11 to ADSL modem All signals blocked ?

Case 2:Main telephone port===Rj11== to AdsL modem
Even if you had connected , no harm was done !
You can connect Main Telephone line Rj11 to Adsl (Rj11) input
see

Only the Phone line requires filter components

Additional reference :
adslnation.com/support/filters.php
"GYAN" about ADSL splitters ( micro filters)

Back