Best Antivirus Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,440
daam 40 sec boot time , does it have a gaming mode ?this would be very bad for gaming pcs . with nod32 on win 7 on 6gb ram boot was about 10 secs with opera on cold start.

Symantec's Norton Internet Security or Norton 360. Seriously a great product !

Guys remember, there are lots of factors regarding security suites like, false positives, high detection rates, precise removal, undo the after effects on the system by a virus/malware, etc. These are some of the few things we don't quite think except for fast scanning and resource consumption (which I agree are also important).

for more references, try AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Welcome to AV-Comparatives.org

Symantec's Norton Internet Security or Norton 360. Seriously a great product !

Guys remember, there are lots of factors regarding security suites like, false positives, high detection rates, precise removal, undo the after effects on the system by a virus/malware, etc. These are some of the few things we don't quite think except for fast scanning and resource consumption (which I agree are also important).

for more references, try AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Welcome to AV-Comparatives.org

I have visited the above link....but still cannot make out which AV to buy.....I want to buy a multi user license so that I can share it with my friends......Personally I prefer Kaspersky and Nod32......what do you say guys..??

haven't used microsoft security essentials before......I have been using Avira and its pretty useless and every now and then my PC is infected....Its mostly because I plug in a lot of pen drives....really fed up with formatting and installing my system...so the last option is to buy an anti virus....

well if you load a lot of pen drives on your system... i have one advice for you. use your windows machine through a guest account. and scan all pen drives before using them.

yup I do scan them before opening them....nothing comes out in the scan.....You said there's no point in buying an antivirus...why so..?? I don't get your drift..!!

Back