best broadband and prepaid mobile service in Surat, Gujarat

• Thread starter Thread starter SammyJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,539

SammyJ

ISP
Rogers
Hi, I am from Toronto, Canada. I am going to Surat, Gujarat for 2 months vacation. I need to get internet connection that is reliable, cheap and sufficient for daily activity with high torrent downloading :D. I'm also looking into getting prepaid GSM cell phone plan for my iPhone (unlocked :dance:).Plz help me out..Ez...

cheap reliable and high speed. if anyone company could have provided this, there would be no competition at all in the market. you have to give out more details. budget, speed limits and yada yada.

Sorry, haven't been to india for 10 years. I looked into some providers such as Airtel, Tata, BSNL, Relience etc..From the posted plans, i would say I am happy with unlimited package with 512 kbps day, 1mbps nigh for about Rs. 1000. Don't knw much of tax, installation, or rental stuff in india.

that plan would cost you around 1500 from airtel in india. if you can get airtel in your area, do not think about anything else. period. as for mobile services... you have tons of choices... airtel vodafone idea reliance tatadocomo... since its prepaid you can easily play around with the choices u have.

Is there anyway to see which companies are offering service in my area? Also, the modem rental, setup and tax charges. My buddy was there last year (chennai) and had hathway 512kbps unlimited for about Rs.500.

check out for hathway reviews on the web... airtel provides reliable service. it's actually worth the price. apart from that, i really have no suggestion. :)

thx dude..i'll definitely keep Airtel in mind

----------

How do I get the service? Do they have local service stores where I can go and compare the rates, pickup the modem and pay the bills?

Sorry, but I have heard things are so much change back in india. I am really excited and happy for it.

As I am looking more into the deals. Many have setup fee or modem registration fee about Rs.500 or so... I am there only for 2 months. Is there any company who doesn't charge anything on top of the monthly fee. Modem rental is fine...Gotta love your title Bhatakti Aatma...LOL :hysterical:

oh well... almost everyone would charge some form of a registration fee. prepaid options are suitable for you as it takes a lot of time to get the connection disconnected properly here in india... but i cannot really suggest a good prepaid service provider. you can look into tata or reliance USB based solutions. they are however:expensiveunreliablepathetic

Back