Best broadband connection for gaming.

• Thread starter Thread starter shan111
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,708

shan111

ISP
BSNL
Hi, I've been using BSNL UL1350. It really gives me horrid ping to game servers around the world. As I play mostly FPS games the ping is very vital. Only a few countires have somewhat playable ping and that too depends upon the mood of BSNL. :mad:I've googled around and found that most of the people suggesting airtel broadband as good for gaming as it give somewhat lower ping than BSNL does. Is it true? Also, I heard Airtel's upload speed is greater than BSNL. Is t true?I'm planning to get Airtel. Home 1499 Unlimited (Kolkata).

I have airtel 1mbps untld plan.First of all ping has nothing to do with speed.Secondly airtel pings are not that great.I get around 80-100 to mostly all CS indian servers.Around 110 to SG cs servers.

That leaves Airtel as probly the one with best latency then. I'm using Tata Wimax, which gives me pings of 150-190ms for Team Fortress 2 Singapore servers (Nobody's bothered setting up dedicated servers here in India; same applies to COD4 too).

I used to get 80-120 for these servers when I was using Airtel. If bsnl is as bad as you say, I'll have to go back to Airtel.

We most likely won't get anything better than this any time soon. Latency is dependent on hardware infrastructure used by ISP as well the geographical location of the servers.

----------

Found some additional info. Check out these links :
Latency and Interleaving - dslreports.com
Fastpath and Interleaving Verizon Online DSL FAQ - dslreports.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Airtel and Reliance pings are more better than BSNL.
Reliance ping to Google -> 78ms
while of BSNL to the same -> 384ms :frown:

With my 512k connection, I play CoD UO on Russian and some European servers.Pings are variable, around the 250-400 range.

Hi... I just read your post and such a nice post and i am using Airtel broadband which is really good....Thanks for sharing...

Back