Best broadband connection in Pune 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter satanlives
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,242

satanlives

ISP
Airtel
First of all please excuse me for creating a new thread on this. I know there are old threads like this but most of them are very old. I thought its better to create a new one. So, I am moving back to Pune after spending 3 years in Bangalore and abroad. Will be moving to Baner area and looking for a good connection in terms of speed, download limits and service uptime. Service:I mostly work from home so its important the service disruptions are minimum(I know that no ISP in India provides 100% uptime anyways). I have a bad experience with cable broadbands, if the power goes out at the LCO you are out of connectivity even if you have power back up at home. That sucks big time. So I usually prefer the connections coming over copper wire/DSL lines. Have been using Airtel in Bangalore and quite satisfied. I am on a 4 Mbps plan with 150 GB FUP at Rs 2199 + taxes. Speed and FUP:What I am looking for is a 4 Mbps or higher speed connection with at least 75GB FUP. Preferably over DSL but cable broadband should also work given that the service feedback is good for said ISP and there arent frequent disruptions reported. Appreciate any feedback from people on the forum.

Airtel or BSNL's new plans (more GBs for same price as compared to Airtel). Go for cable if the lco in your area is reliable and you want speeds in excess of 4 mbps. (airtels and bsnls 8mbit plans arent everywhere )

Are you able to open the tariff page of Airtel's Broadband section? when I open it the center of the page remains blank but the navigation portlets are loaded correctly. I remember that there used to be a dropdown at the center of the page to select the circle but I cant see it now :( Basically I want to check what plans are available in Pune from Airtel, last I heard the highest speed across pune from Airtel was 2Mbps. Which BSNL plan were you recommending? I see a 8Mbps 60 GB plan for 2799+taxes. But none of the other plans seem to be suitable for me. Either the download limit is too low, or if the download limit is high, the rates are very high (4 Mbps 200GB for 6000+taxes)

I was going to recommend the 1600 plan which gives you 4 mbps upto 100GB, and the 2100 plan which gives you 4mbps upto 175GB, but as I can see, these plans aren't available in Pune.

The Airtel website is a mess, I can't even get to the tariff page. This page is blank - Broadband Plans- Broadband Tariffs- Internet Connection Provider in India: airtel

The mobile site works, and the best plan I can see is 2mbps upto 150gb for 2099.

I wish those BSNL plans you mentioned were available in Pune :(Those two seem exactly what I needed. But well...So basically Airtel can offer only 2 Mbps in Pune, thats really sad because even with their traffic shaping and throttling etc, they do provide good service at least in terms of uptime and service continuity. I wonder why is it that they are not able to provide even 4Mbps in Pune? Have they spent nothing on infrastructure in Pune in last 3 years? When I left Pune in 2009, that time also I was using a 2Mbps connection of Airtel and even now its the highest speed they are offering. So any one has any other suggestions?

You could check whether you Telecom is available in your area

I think You is available in that area. However I did not get a good feedback of YOU. A friend of mine has a 2 Mbps connection and sometimes its so slow that google.com takes about a minute to open. Cant use high latency connections for connecting to VPN :(

Back