Best broadband plan and how reliable ?

• Thread starter Thread starter venomdog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 10,633
ISP
Airtel
Guys,
I will be coming to India from Europe for 6 months and will be staying at Noida, I am looking for broadband connection at Noida and needless to say it should be reliable and better in terms of stable upload and download speed. I don't have much of need but I would like to download stuff and connect to European office through VPN etc.
I did check online and Airtel stood out but how good it is? And they even claim for 16 MBPS speed with good cost, is it good buy or you can suggest me some alternative, is there no glass fiber connection possible.
Please help.

you are about to find out how frustrating it is in here.....let alone optic fiber technology (not glass fiber lol), there are very, very few Isp choices in Noida (Cities like Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Bangalore have a great variety)
I have been using Airtel for the past many years but everyone here (me included) loves to hate them! 2 years back, my BASIC plan of Rs. 999 (2mbps speed for 10 gb data limit, then 256kbps speed unlimited) was enough. I could download a complete season of a tv show within 2 hours and never run out of my data limit , but it's just not enough anymore. I used to face frequent network disconnection and no matter how many calls I made and how many times they sent someone over for it's resolution, always back to square one.
Then I upgraded my plan to the 30gb data plan and I face lesser problems! So ,there you have it - you shouldn't have too many problems as long as you don't have a cheap plan - the 16 mbps plan should work absolutely fine.....
The moment I find a better ISP, I'm dumping these greedy bastards. But I have been waiting for ages.....and that's why Airtel had the guts to increase their prices so much - it's like a total monopoly.
P.S. You will go mad trying to contact them on their helpline number....you won't believe it but most us actually contact these lazy turds through their twitter account! But it's best we got in Noida....
Also, these two ISPs look promising, worth checking out - only heard good things about them (especially perfect int) but not available where I live......

Good Luck.....shit's about to go down
http://perfectinternet.in/
http://nextraworld.com/

Faster DSL plans (8mbps and 16 mbps), Fiber & VDSL connections are available only in selected areas. Do you know anyone in the area where you're going to stay? Ask them.

uberjon said:
Faster DSL plans (8mbps and 16 mbps), Fiber & VDSL connections are available only in selected areas. Do you know anyone in the area where you're going to stay? Ask them.
I will be living at Sector 30 can I have some choice or I only get Airtel there. I am also interested in Fibernet is it possible in my area and what other options I have apart from Airtel.
Please help.

Back