Best ISP for online gaming in Delhi (or even India)?

• Thread starter Thread starter arunodayt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,884

arunodayt

ISP
Airtel
Which ISP in Delhi is likely to give me the best ping for online gaming on servers overseas. I am not looking for 50-150 ms pings, which seem impossible at present :wall:I am into MMOs (enjoying World of Warcraft at present :happy: ) and there I only need to have a ping of 150-300. Unfortunately, even that doesn't seem possible with Airtel. I am getting ping of 700-800 ms with my 1 Mbps Airtel, even though I can get a general ping of around 300 for servers in the US.Of course, if I indulge in a bit of tunneling, I can get pings of around 300, but that is either:-Not free OR-Too risky for free service!Any idea which ISP might satisy my lust for MMO gaming? Is MTNL upto it? Or maybe even Reliance?And what about 3G? Will having a 3G 7 (or 21) Mbps connection help with the online gaming, or will it have no effect on the ping?

Wireless (for e.g. 3G) is definitely a no-no if you're looking for good ping time. I've heard Reliance has pretty decent ping time to US. So, you might wanna give it a try!

Thank you, I will try to test it at somebody's PC who has Reliance/MTNL. Unfortunately, even if I get 200-250 pings on US servers ordinarily, I won't get anything less than 400-600 in WoW without tunneling. And tunneling will cost close to Rs 350 per month :(

Back