Best low budget tablet?

DOMO Slate N9 SE is working like a charm for me. No notable issues so far. And it's slowly becoming my personal tablet than a family tablet. I have somehow also installed WhatsApp on it, loving the experience till now. Certainly worth the price. Gaming on this tab is also pretty nice.The only issue is that battery sometimes isn't very good. It's good, but not very good. I haven't installed any battery defender apps so far, shall I?

Anyone? Shall I install a battery defender? Some of my friends tell me that battery defenders can harm the device, is it true?And I have one issue with the tablet. Whenever I lock the screen, the Wi-Fi connection goes off, and when I unlock the screen it gets connected automatically. However, when I'm downloading something, the Wi-Fi connection stays intact even if the screen is locked. How do I keep the Wi-Fi connection active even when the screen is locked and I'm not downloading anything?

Settings > Wireless & Network Settings > Wi-Fi Settings > (menu button) Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never

I am planning to buy this tablet : Superpad VI

It is a little more costlier (Rs. 12,999) than the above mentioned tablets, but the kind of free gifts it is providing with it may make its effective price around Rs. 10k.

Other than that, the kind of specs it has is simply amazing : Android 4.0 ICS, 1 GB RAM & 8 GB Hard-drive, HDMI-OUT (my most sought after feature which currently none of my two android phones have), 1080p HD video record & playback, TFT LCD (16M color depth), 1024*600 HD 1080p resolution, ethernet RJ45 & 2 USB ports, wifi, 3G support thru dongal, G-sensor, GPS, external mouse/keyboard support, micro sd card support upto 32 GB etc.

The one feature which stands out and i have not heard it in a tablet yet is - it has 3d engines which can enable you to play 3D games, view 3D google Maps etc.

The only things which are preventing me from purchasing it is : I havn't found its review yet anywhere on net and it gives only 3 months warranty.

It seems to be too good to be true. :)

The specifications seem to be very good and the price is also nice for a 10 inch tablet, but the warranty term is really less. 3 month is as good as no warranty!

^^ yes, that is what stopping me to go buy it... what if it suddenly stops working just after 3-4 months... at least it should have one year of warranty. Anyway, i have asked the seller if he could give replacement/repair warranty for at least one year, for which i am willing to shell out half a thousand rupees more. I will reply here once he agrees/disagrees on it.

heh. hard disks are soon going to have similar shot term warranties. they are already down to 1 year from most manufacturers.

HEy guys im planning to buy a low cost tablet i have in my mind micromax funbook, karbonn smart tab 1, domo slate x3d or domo slate n9se which one shoul i buyThanking you in advance

Back