Best ONT for Coverage, Latency, and Minimal Lockdown by Airtel in Bhopal

ISP
Airtel
Hi All,

So I signed up with Airtel for the Rs1044 plan on 10/08/2024 and the sales executive made a bunch of lies to make the sales:

1. I must get DTH in order to the 4K STB to be able to access the OTT apps even though I made the advance payment of Rs3300 - which includes free hardware installation and activation and all that (which I didn't know at the time)- I did not need the DTH at all confirmed with him a few times (didn't see the fine print on the flyer or research the plans otherwise until too late) but he insisted I must get it otherwise no STB. In other words, I just need the 999 plan.

2. He committed that I would get the latest Nokia/ZTE router - I confirmed this bit on 4 different occasions before signing up, one time he took someone on calll to confirm it, other time he said he had confirmed with the 'warehouse', third time with this TL. Of course, I ended up with the shitty AOT-4221SR as the installation guys this is all I got, I got in touch with him he said he will have it replaced in a few days - in hindsight, I should have rejected the connection right away but I wasn't too familiar with the Indian ISP scene at the time and his TL also confirmed that they would.

3. He refused to use my friend's ref link for the Rs300 referral scheme where both parties get Rs 300 upon successful activation - reason given - I would take 30 mins or so for the lead to come through to him instead offered he would use my link down the track - which he did and I got 2 X 300 coupons but the not original one for own connection lol. He eventually stopped answering my calls about these concerns and so did his TL but.....

they fucked with the wrong guy!

I persistently kept complaining to the Black 'priority' support and 121 via email and not the nodal officers, appellees MP, central, NCH more or less to no avail. Until I forwarded the entire email chain to the CEO and national Head of Customer Relations this morning and wrote along the lines I signed up with guys because I didn't wanna pay Ambani in principle as I belive it's national growth blah blah but I'm doubting my decision due to your appalling CS (which is true - personal opnion )- actually just used chatgpt for it lol and low and behold I sttarted receiving from 'CEO Desks'lol

I forgot to mention I had also (stupidly) signed up for the Infinity Family 4 plan Rs 1199 because where I come everything is inclusive of gst so it made sense.

Also these were imbeciles 'black support' even in store were having technical issues "Card Not loading error " unbundling my plan for like 5 days at this stage due to which I wasn't able to delete my black plan and unbundle the service. (WIFI+TV+POSTPAID). Not only that everyone and I mean everyone was convinced that I can't get convert postpaid to prepaid before 90 days which is a very common misconception and you can after being on postpaid for 30 or lomger. I even showed them their own official link and they wouldn't believe/process it.

fast Track to this arvo, all my numbers have successfully been converted to prepaid after I paid the outstanding amount that I have them discount by like 30% for postpaid.

Now, they are gonna call back tomorrow like a broadband + DTH manager - a low-level "ceo desk" tech did call but said he would need to verify. After all, I demanded a full refund of my DTH charges to be credited to my Fiber since I genuinely have not been using it apart from the initial testing, here and there but no more than 5 hours in total in the entire duration, infact I had to unplug the cable from the box and eventually from the dish itself because the kids subbed to few channels, no OTP required whatsoever, i mean you need OTP these days to even piss ffs, which brings me to my questions:

1. Surely there is a log or something they can check in the backend and verify my claim. remember I fraudulently sold this service and have had the
cable was disconnected for the most part - they actually did but want to 'verify' so wonder how would they do it, they may contact the sales exec and I'm sure the cunts gonna lie but what can I ask them for, logs of any sort? before it becomes he said i said BS

2. You bet your ass Imma get that third coupon totaling it to Rs900 - nowhere to the headache I went thru to get here, ADHD is a gift and a curse.

3. Most importantly, they might try and source me a Nokia/ZTE router or whatever since I demanded an additional rs1500 which will 30% cover the cost of my new router + all the tole it has taken on my mental health, again ADHD/hyperfocus. I understand all these ONT's router are shit so Imma but a personal one anyway, but that might be a while away until I change houses so please advise which one I should ask for in leu of Rs 1500 - as the postpaid guy indicated they will try and source and Nokia one for me so I wouldn't need to buy another router

4. If they do provide a better ONT, how much goodwill should i ask for all this drama, like I successfully did for postpaid, it really has been taxing (only if i show you the no and the length of emals/calls) but I wouldn't let them get away with this and have also requested for strict HR action against the sales guy and his TL for everything they made me go thru, I guess some had to take a stand against these predatory and misleading sales practices or so I tell myself.

Thanks for reading!

Sharing the entire ordeal so it hopefully assists others who found themselves in the same situation - email the ducking ceo too!

Cheers

Sorry for any typos, please make sense from context :)

i did a quick search before posting, is Nokia G-2425G-A good for coverage and will have bridging enabled?

@DakshK579 - i read his thread and it's locked to the tits and some users hsve reported other issues too, any other lesser avils until I get my router? thanks in advance!

paging @MrGordon @DakshK579 and others, I understand it's a long post and the title could have been better like got Airtel by the balls. But if you could please answer the questions so I can give them hell for their shity shity CS now that I have higher ups looking into it thanks as always boys

Back