BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage

How many people faced the problem of exaggerated data usage with Act?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When you're away. Turn off your Modem. Always keep Wifi Radio & SSID broadcast disabled when you're not using them. Use strong password.

Apart from that install DU Meter which keeps track of your Data consumption. Install it on your Laptop and Desktop devices which you use to access internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow. This just happened. I mean, 'IT JUST DID'. Like right now.

I am on the 60GB plan in Bangalore. I reset my FUP from the portal site and it immediately deducted 12GB and reflected showing 48GB used. I wasn't getting the reset speeds so I logged in and logged out. BOOM!!! Usage is now 48.44GB. Just hoping they don't add more.

Nice work ACT. Good luck with the way you run your company. Not that it matters to you but I must add its in extremely poor taste. Just one request though if you reading this, please stop thieving anymore.

P.S: Don't bother asking for my User ID and Account ID, etc.

Last edited:
Well since two months, Ive been noticing high data usage counted bt ACT. This started around the time when they shifted my account from Beam telecom to ACT fibernet.

Last month Ive had my data usage upto 78Gb when in reality I wasn't even in home for 8 days and my computer was switched off. Then I complained to ACT and they reset my data counter and assured me next month this wont happen. But one month later, here we are ..

wDBLIQE.png

P5kTM02.png

My real data usage this month is 26GB. (Note: Uploads are not counted in FUB by ACT fibernet)

But according to ACT, my data usage is 88GB
MlXoHhc.png

I have no freaking idea what to do. My ACT account number is 101003050339 .

Also things I did this month and last :

1.Disabled wifi router and installed the act cable directly to PC
2.Installed BitmeterOS and two other softwares for data usage metrics.
3.Complained to customer care (complaint was closed after they reset my fup counter last month).
4..Complained in CORE center (Consumer Online Resource & Empowerment center)

Also things I did this month and last :

1.Disabled wifi router and installed the act cable directly to PC
2.Installed BitmeterOS and two other softwares for data usage metrics.
3.Complained to customer care (complaint was closed after they reset my fup counter last month).
4..Complained in CORE center (Consumer Online Resource & Empowerment center)

Any updates? Has the issue been rectified? How did the month of November go?

Sent emails to nodal authorities with links to various forums regarding this issue. Next day, one guy called and sent me the details, there were download records for the days my pc was not even switched on. But that was like, sir, our records downloads from your ip. we can't do anything. I asked him to atleast show me the websites visited but he was like we cant do that unless we get an order from DoT. :/
But he assured me he will monitor the connection and see if any suspicious activity is going on. I just left it at that.

Dextermorgan - I've had the same issue the last two months (Oct & Nov 2015). Have you faced this problem again? ACT has not resolved this at all.

Back