BEWARE ACT is adding false GBs to FUP (download limit) usage

How many people faced the problem of exaggerated data usage with Act?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
may seeding upload data.
Isnt ACT counting upload ? Im sure, they must be counting.
Upload cannot be free.

Could one you guys install dd-wrt firmware or equivalent on your router and check usage ..?

I had to reset my FUP by paying extra this month because of some urgent work .I think this is a clever strategy by ACT to force users to reset FUP by paying extra .
Could we have an official reply on how the usage calculation is done and why there is a difference between router's calculation and ACT's calculation?

How can dd wrt help in calculating usage ?

My Netgear Genie Android app has a traffic meter. Sum of upload and download exactly matches whatever is shown on the ACT portal. I'm pretty sure uploads are counted as part of FUP even though ACT claims they don't.

Right after activation of the connection, 90Mb to 2.25 GB jump while setting up wireless router in the first 2 hours.

With a lot of difficulty and waiting, finally got my Act Fibernet connection activated t. I spent time in setting up my router, browsing a bit, doing speed tests. After 2 hours of setting up things, my usage is being shown as 2.25GB. This is definitely wrong data.

Can anyone help what action I can take? I filed tickets with ACT and consumercourt also. Will they be able to provide proof of usage supporting their claim?

Last edited:
There is no point just telling ACT that that data usage may be fake. No one's gonnna believe you. You need to approach them with proof. If you have a Netgear router, attach a screenshot of the traffic meter page. There are other data meters available as well. How many speed tests did you do? ACT's 100 Mbps plan will consume about 250 MB per test.

@Zaphod Is it true that it takes 250Mb per test for 100 Mbps plan? Mine is a 30Mbps plan and I did many, like some 20 tests probably.
I have Cisco Linksys router. Do you know how I can track data usage with my router?
Thanks.

Doing a 30 Mbps test 20 times will consume 1.5 GB. Do the math before you start filing consumer cases. They have the logs but won't show it to you without an order from TRAI/court. Do you have a section called "Network Map" in your Linksys router? That page will show how much data is passing through your router for every device attached to it.

Back