• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,429
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepalirb

ISP
Tata Indicom which never works
Hey Everyone,Here's a request to all the broadband users who are looking for a new connection. Please Please Please DO NOT go for Tata Indicom Broadband.This is the worst service that anyone can ever have. MTNL could be better but not Tata.My experience of having this connection is so pathetic that I am now tired of yelling at the customer service. O by the way, you have to wait for atleast 10 minutes before you can talk to a customer service agent. Cos the expected wait time is always beyond 10 minutes and they will always ask you to call later.But if you have patience and also luck to get through, you might talk to an agent who can do nothing but generate a customer complaint number for you.God know what am I supposed to do with that number.And after calling them continuously for 15 days, when you loose your patience, that agent literally puts you on mute while you are talking.So the point is ..theres no point calling them.Mine is a prepaid connection. So factually speaking , I have wasted Rs.4200/-, coz they take 6 months payment in advance which cannot be refunded; Even when they dont give you service.So after being tired of calling them again and again and again, finally I had no choice but track down the cable myself.I actually went behind the cable which came to my house, and went over the roof top, and then again came down the building.So after all this stunt I found that the cable is broken at the pole next to my building.Cool!!! now as I was happy to find the problem, and was assuming that since I have told them the problem, they might be able to correct it asap.But no...I completely forgot that it was bloody TATA INDICOM. Now its been 5 days that I am calling them everyday and telling that the cable is broken and please send someone to repair it.They have a a really beautiful answer framed for me .."Maam, our Engineers are working on it."When I ask them how much time it will take, they would again beautifully say, "I cannot committ about that maam, but I assure it will happen soon"...hehe...So all I can do now, is assume that my money is wasted. I have now activated Mobile office on my Airtel Cell phone, and use my cell for Internet connection.The speed is like a normal Dialup connection which I can live with for now.O well, something is better than nothing.So that was my Tata Indicom experience...O and did I tell you that I am an exemployee of Tata Indicom and I worked in the Mobile division for 2 years.So if Tata can offer such service to its own employees, then you can imagine what you will go through.So my friends...Please take my advice...STAY AWAY FROM TATA INDICOM BROADBAND-Deepali

Welcome to TATA sufferers club. I faced similar problems, kept logging complaints thru their site daily for a month [calling customer care was too much of pain]. I had GPRS on Airtel for backup.Ultimately, somebody in TATA took notice and things have been better for last 7 days.

^ The user above is an exception, rather than the rule. Most people on TiBB have had horrendous experiences. Enough said.

My experience with Tata Indicom has gone in ups and downs. It was absolutely horrendous early on and I was on the verge of quitting a year back. Then it was quite good for about 9 months. Now it's back to horrible with frequent downtimes and long waits for customer service. I think they have some serious problem coping with the rains. I wish MTNL had proper unlimited plans; their NU plans aren't sufficient for my regular surfing needs. It would be nice if they had a plan with 256 unlimited in the day and higher speeds for the night. Airtel is another option , I guess , and if Tata Indicom doesn't improve soon I will switch.

u shud switch even if it improves. mine used to stay good for 2months then again horrible for 1-2 months and so on. in short additional 70-100Rs a month just to make a complaint. and overall 30-40% downtime. not at all worth.

I took this account by paying a advance rental for 4 months on the 23rd May 2007. It has been over 2 months and I have experienced service downtime for atleast 8 days and many such short service drops( 3 to 4 hours of downtime). It has come to a very frustrating experience, a experience which has made me take a decision never to take TATA broadband service again in my lifetime and for sure I will never recommend their service to anyone in my lifetime. Worst than their service is the attitude of their call center executives. They all seem to have standard answers without even checking what the problem is exactly. They all give me a standard answer that my complaint will be resolved in 10 working hours but every time I have complained, the service has been restored completely or partially after 24 hours or in 2 cases after 36 hours and this time it really takes the cake- service went down on July 18th and it has been 5 days and it is still down. They don't even forward my call to the floor supervisor, there seems to be a total lack of accountability. I had taken this service trusting the TATA name but looks like in this case even the TATA trust has been misplaced and this to me seems so very sad considering that the TATA brand stands for complete trust and high quality. WILL RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE WISHING TO SUBSCRIBE TO TATA BROADBAND SERVICE. PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY. EVEN BSNL IS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN TATA BROADBAND SERVICE.

how dare u compare BSNL and tata BB?!!!! :pwith BSNL u hardly get prob and even if u do, u can atleast show harry patti and get ur work done.. with tataBB u cant even do that!

You can compare them for sure With MTNL/BSNL you get NO Internet :( with TI, you get Internet 30% of time. Jokes aside, with MTNL/BSNL getting a Broadband connection itself is a big hassle now a days. Earlier, I got TriBand from MTNL in less then a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back