Boing Boing is still blocked on Reliance Broadband (blames 'government rules')

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course. a lot of torrent and file sharing sites are blocked on excitel as well. but reliance is special. they also had Al Jazeera: Live News | Bold Perspectives | Exclusive Films blocked when i was on them. these are just two of the sites i remember. both are regular websites with no connection to illegal or adult downloads.

I am not using Reliance directly a different ISP. Could it be they are using Reliance as their provider? If yes, can't my ISP set their own block rules?

smaller isps do not tend to do anything at their end. because their source pipes already block websites as per government rules. airtel is another company which ends up causing similar issues. they have their own personal blocklist which has nothing to do with the directions of the courts. so if you are visiting a website on a non-airtel isp but it uses cloudflare, you might see the block message from airtel because the content is still passing through airtel's own servers which are blocking that website. you would notice this happen on newer torrent/file-sharing sites that switch to cloudflare.

personally, i would suggest allocating 200 rupees per month to a VPN to access all the blocked content and also preferably download torrents and other kind of stuff through it. if possible, completely browse the internet over the vpn.

I don't know which company provide the international bandwidth for Excitel. I am using PIA. I have only seen block errors from another ISP in case of sites using CloudFlare so it does not look like Airtel or Reliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back