Bridge mode on Airtel's ZTE F670Lv9.0 ONT is extremely bottlenecked?

• Thread starter Thread starter aryak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,883
@anmolbhard004 Looks like they are preventing Dynamic IP users from getting bridge mode. Opt for static IP for 1 month, then ask then to enable bridge mode, then before the month ends, cancel your static IP.

sir
1st problem
airtel team visited today they were very adamant to sell me their black plan then they were back to selling me the static ip but I read in this forum that static is not necessary for enabling bridge mode. Pls guide.
Also they have told me that I have to terminate the present connection and take a new 'postpaid' connection [ my current account still has 5 months recharge left].
2nd
RELATED TO Deco
In deco initial setup what should I choose my internet connection type PPPoE or dynamic
Also will it matter If I choose dynamic . My requirements is to get full speed on my decos . Main deco is XE75 . rest [X20 -2 M4/S7-2 M5-2] only one X20 connects wirelessly rest are lan cable connected.
PLS CONSIDER ME NAIVE.
@Lolita_Magnum @albonycal @Chip @rohitks @Rickysin @MZRecords @Aashish.007 all are requested to guide please.
pls guide how can I max utilise my setup and what changes do I need to make.

No, static is not mandatory for bridge mode. They are lying to you. You can shift from prepaid to postpaid and vice versa however I am not sure of the exact process. To be sure, just email 121 at airtel dot in and check their response. If it is mandatory to terminate the current connection and then shift I would recommend waiting till the prepaid account expires and then changing or changing just before prepaid expires.

You should use PPPoE since you don;t have a static IP. Use the username and password given to you at the time of installation. if you dont remember it ask your local tech. As for the Deco, I am sorry, I really don't know much about that mesh router system.

@anmolbhard004 to use PPPoE on your Deco, your (Airtel ONT needs to be in bridge mode (only Airtel can do this for you) and then you connect your Deco's WAN port to the designated bridged LAN port (normally #4) of your Airtel router.

Once that is done, open your Deco's config page go to the WAN settings, select mode of connection as PPPoE and then enter the username and password, both given by Airtel in the relevant fields. Save the information and you should be good to go.

It is not required to close current connection, they can convert prepaid to postpaid

Back