Broad band issues with Parallel phone connection

• Thread starter Thread starter gvenkat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 9,525

gvenkat

ISP
Etisalat
I am using BSNL Broad band Home250 plan. I have 4 parallel phone connections in 3 rooms and one in Hall. I am using my internet in one of the room where phone point is also available. I am using a spliter to connect to Modem and the phone line in that room. The problems are: 1. It will get connected when I swithc on the modem. It will take so much of time, the Internet light will not blink at all. Then after so much time, it will start blinking before it becomes study. Then the Data light will start blinking. But it would go off immediately. 2. If I make some calls from phone line, then I will immediately get the internet light blinking and after that the data light. This will also not last for long time. Some time it will again go off and sometimes, it will be there. Also, when any incoming calls are coming, internet may disconnect. I checked with BSNL customer care, one technician is telling, if we are using parallel connection, then modem should be connected from the main phone line via spliter. Our main phone line is in hall. I tried connecting from there also, but the same problem. Any idea how to rectify this. I think the problem may be with telephone cables coming from the BSNL junction box to my house. My modem is Nokia siemens c2110.

1.Disconnect all Extension phones. ( NO load Open circuit)
Test only with modem via adsl splitter.
If Internet OK Telephone line/s are OK.
If telephone is nosiy crackling sound etc line bad.

Use ADDITIONAL adsl splitters for EACH extension
phone.
http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/drg09.html

For modem from Phone JUnction ==Rj11==LINEIN==
ModemPort====RJ11 short cable to Modem

http://adslm.dohrenburg.net/images/splitter-diagram.jpg

Even I have this issue. If I pick up any of the parallel telephone lines the ADSL Link would disconnect.Solution to this I found was that all parallel phones should be connected via a adsl splitter. Normally the best way to do is to \- Install a adsl spliiter at the main junction the line that comes from outside to your building or your house.- Take the output from ADSL output of the splitter to your socket which connects the modem.- Connect all other parallel extension cables to the phone output of the splitter. This will allow you to have just one adsl splitter.Else u need to use multiple splitters

Back