Broadband in Alleppey - Help choose

• Thread starter Thread starter techs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,660

techs

ISP
None
Hi I am living abroad, and I need to get a broadband connection for my home, to reduce the phone charges (on my side). I asked my dad to check with BSNL, and they said, installation will take a month. I wonder, which world we are living in. It takes a little time to jumper the line, and then send someone to do the installation. What are we talking here. ? max 1-2 days.. ? Someone could suggest an ISP in alappuzha. I live in the city limits. I contacted Asianet almost a year back, when i was on vacation. They said, "Sir, we dont say anything about the upload speed. When we talk about broadband, we talk only about the download speed". It took me an hour to convince the morone that there is something called upload as well :). I am looking for a 256 or 512 Kbps connection, with atleast 256 upload, to ensure proper voice and video., and an ISP who does a quick installation and less downtime, and proper tech support. Thanks in advance

@techsWelcome to India Broadband forum.I am using Asianet Dataline since 6 months.As a user my opinions are,1. Upload speed of ADL is pathetic. Never cross 128Kbps.2. Download speeds are almost constant.3. Tariff plans are not user friendly compared to BSNL. Go for BSNL is a good idea.

@techs

Welcome to India Broadband forum.

I am using Asianet Dataline since 6 months.

As a user my opinions are,

1. Upload speed of ADL is pathetic. Never cross 128Kbps.

2. Download speeds are almost constant.

3. Tariff plans are not user friendly compared to BSNL.

Go for BSNL is a good idea.

Are you located in Alleppey by any chance. BSNL. one month. dude.:wall:

Currently BSNL is providing newer connections. Checkout with your exchange about the availability of a connection. If the ports are free and if there isn't something known as waiting-list under your exchange, u might get the connection within a week. I use ADL and Reliance Broadnet too. Trust me, BSNL rocks anyday.

Are you located in Alleppey by any chance. BSNL. one month. dude.:wall:

No, I am in TVM. In my place no waiting list for BSNL Dataone.

Back