Broadband in hyderabad with LAN service

• Thread starter Thread starter Xan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,087

Xan

ISP
Hathway
Hi guys.. im new to hyderabad... i dont know about the broadband services here...I had been in mumbai where i had a broadband service with LAN(24online client) with DC++ filesharing hubs... they were really helpfull... after coming here ... i started looking for a similar service.. but due to some emergency i randomly chose hathway (they dont provide LAN):rofl:Now, im looking forward to a broadband service which provides lan service where if need be i can start my own hub and we all can have filesharing...Internet speed dosent bother me.. but I NEED LAN :wall:please help..Thank you..

btw.. i stay at kundanbagh,begumpet

thanks 4 replying m8..! :)but can u play cs n games wid other users on lan..? have u ever tried that?what about aksh & beam cable?

It should be possible, i dont know anyone on my lan:(I suggest you go for well known isp's like sify, at least they try to provide what is promised.I have heard about bad expericences from lesser known isp's.

well im reading really bad reviws of sify here... so im a bit scared

but i think its the only major ISP in india which provides internet through LAN...you might be able to find a local internet provider which takes bandwidth from airtel/bsnl but provides it through LAN. but depending upon LAN is a bad idea. what you get are attacks and viruses. it is much more unsafe compared to dsl based connection.

I have been using Sify for 3 years, its actually not as bad as it appears in this forum..The only problem i have is that at least one day in a week the connection becomes slow..:PNo major problems so far, service depends on the sify franchise in your area, the one in my area is ok, and has been helpful whenever i had problems..I havents tried hubs, sometimes if you get local peers while downloading torrents, you can easily download at speeds of over 500 kBps for anyconnection..:happy:You can also find shared stuff on limewire, which also you can download at 300 to 600 kBps..Enquire in your area about sify, if its good, go for it..

Back