• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,204

raj2007

Chennai
ISP
AIRTEL
Seriously is it possible? While installing Tata Sky DTH i saw a file downloaded by the STB. Then why not broadband? :imwink:Found the following post in another forum - "I want to make it clear that the technology behind DTH platform doesn't support to relay internet feed through it.Reason???simple, The internet requires a two way connection (TCP/IP based, connection oriented) through which you send (upload) and recieve the data(download). But DTH is designed as a one way connection. The DTH operators only send the digital TV signal to your STB and finally to TV through Dish Antenna. Its not possible to send the signals through your Dish Antenna to satellite." :huh:Any DTH providers offer it in abroad countries?

Seriously is it possible? While installing Tata Sky DTH i saw a file downloaded by the STB. Then why not broadband? :imwink:

Found the following post in another forum -
"I want to make it clear that the technology behind DTH platform doesn't support to relay internet feed through it.Reason???simple,

The internet requires a two way connection (TCP/IP based, connection oriented) through which you send (upload) and recieve the data(download). But DTH is designed as a one way connection. The DTH operators only send the digital TV signal to your STB and finally to TV through Dish Antenna. Its not possible to send the signals through your Dish Antenna to satellite." :huh:

Any DTH providers offer it in abroad countries?

Satellite broadband is available. It's just slow and expensive for what it is. Traditionally, the uplink has been provided through a phoneline at 33.6kbit/s, but 2-way systems are now available. Still dog-slow compared to every single alternative though.

I think in India, Hughes provides satellite-based internet.

I think in India, Hughes provides satellite-based internet.

Yeah. Hughes provides it.
Seriously is it possible? While installing Tata Sky DTH i saw a file downloaded by the STB. Then why not broadband? :imwink:

Found the following post in another forum -
"I want to make it clear that the technology behind DTH platform doesn't support to relay internet feed through it.Reason???simple,

The internet requires a two way connection (TCP/IP based, connection oriented) through which you send (upload) and recieve the data(download). But DTH is designed as a one way connection. The DTH operators only send the digital TV signal to your STB and finally to TV through Dish Antenna. Its not possible to send the signals through your Dish Antenna to satellite." :huh:

Any DTH providers offer it in abroad countries?
Normally, it is very convenient for ATM machine. You may have seen a huge dish on the roof of atm machine building in village. It may be very costly to afford. I heard that installation cost is 15lacs. It does not give service. It almost goes down during monson.

Back