Broadband stopped after upgrading to vista SP1

• Thread starter Thread starter Radhe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,250

Radhe

ISP
bsnl
:madness:I hv bsnl broadband with wifi modem model no WA3002-g1.It was working fine with my laptop. It stopped working when download vista sp 1 & upgraded my os any solution ?

Any System Restore Option ?
What is the error message ?
Try uninstall ?
How to uninstall Windows Vista SP1 as a troubleshooting step
FAQ: How to uninstall Vista SP1 - WinMatrix
.Insert the Windows Vista DVD, and then restart the computer.2. When you receive the following message, press any key: Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.
3. Set the following preferences, and then click Next: •Language to install•Time and currency format•Keyboard or input method4. Click Repair your computer, select the operating system that you want to repair if it is necessary, and then click Next. 5. Click System Restore, and then click Next. 6. Click to choose the Restore Point that matches the installation date for Service Pack 1. The Restore Point will be labeled either Install: Windows Update or Install: Windows Vista Service Pack 1. 7. Confirm the disks that you want to restore, and then click Next. 8. Click Finish, and then click Yes when you are prompted. 9. When the System Restore process is complete, click Restart to restart the computer. 10. After the computer restarts, click Close to confirm that the System Restore process has finished successfully.

Any System Restore Option ?
What is the error message ?
Try uninstall ?
How to uninstall Windows Vista SP1 as a troubleshooting step
FAQ: How to uninstall Vista SP1 - WinMatrix
.Insert the Windows Vista DVD, and then restart the computer.2. When you receive the following message, press any key: Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.
3. Set the following preferences, and then click Next: •Language to install•Time and currency format•Keyboard or input method4. Click Repair your computer, select the operating system that you want to repair if it is necessary, and then click Next. 5. Click System Restore, and then click Next. 6. Click to choose the Restore Point that matches the installation date for Service Pack 1. The Restore Point will be labeled either Install: Windows Update or Install: Windows Vista Service Pack 1. 7. Confirm the disks that you want to restore, and then click Next. 8. Click Finish, and then click Yes when you are prompted. 9. When the System Restore process is complete, click Restart to restart the computer. 10. After the computer restarts, click Close to confirm that the System Restore process has finished successfully.
Thanks, but problem is solved the issue was the DNS for BSNL broadband

You can use OpenDNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222Glad to note the problem solved by simple DNS change .

heard similar problem with my friend too with upgrade to win vista sp1
so a clean install is advised by many in forums

Back