• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,803

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
MUMBAI/NEW DELHI: Broadcasters have declared to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) the a la carte rates of their channels, but as a mark of protest have not communicated the pricing to the multi-system operators (MSOs).
Sony Entertainment Television (Set) is priced at Rs 20 while rival Hindi general entertainment channel [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Zee [COLOR=blue! important]TV[/color][/color][/color] will cost Rs 18, according to sources in the two networks.
Hindi [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]movie [COLOR=blue! important]channel[/color][/color][/color] Max from the Sony stable at Rs 20 is also priced higher than Zee Cinema (around Rs 17.25).
The combined a la carte pricing of the Set-[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Discovery [COLOR=blue! important]channels[/color][/color][/color] in the first bouquet is Rs 82. Discovery channel costs Rs 20, AXN Rs 17 and Animal Planet Rs 5.
"We could have asked for Rs 33 from Set but decided to price it at Rs 20. The upper limit for our first bouquet was Rs 83 but we decided to peg it at Rs 82," says a source.
Similarly for bouquet 2, Set-Discovery has put the price at Rs 97 while it is allowed by the Trai tariff regulation to charge Rs 98 in non-Cas (conditional access system) areas. Ten Sports and Hindi GEC Sab TV is priced at Rs 15 each while pix costs Rs 12, Discovery Travel & Living Rs 9, NDTV 24x7 Rs 9, Aaj Tak Rs 7 and MTV Rs 8.
A Star India spokesperson confirmed that it had submitted the a la carte pricing of its channels to Trai. But the rates of the individual channels could not be obtained from Star.
"We are putting up the rates on our websites," broadcasters officially said. The rates were, however, not available on the websites till the filing of this report.
The Trai has not put up these rates on its own website. The deadline for the a la carte tariff order in non-Cas areas was 31 December.
"We have not received the a la carte pricing from the broadcasters," MSOs said.
Trai senior officials had said in the third week of December last year that some of the broadcasters had given their rates, and they would be put up on the Trai website within the week, but that has not happened.
Asked why there is nothing on the Trai website on this, chairperson Nripendra Mishra told indiantelevision.com: "If it is thought necessary to put them up, it will be done so. But that is being taken care of by the concened officers in the cable and satellite section."

However, when it was pointed out that the officials of the section had said this would be done much earlier, Mishra said: "That can only mean that the full data may not have reached the office of the concerned officials."

Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > Broadcasters file a la carte rates with Trai

Please also post the link of the website from where you copy-pasted article. Afterall its their property.

he added link later on. check post edit time."Last edited by ajuravi007 : Today at 09:56 AM."

Hey broune at the first instance i did not provide the link. Once amish asked me to provide the link as its not my property i provided the link. Anyway its not my property so i dont have any problem in provdiding the link.:thumbsup:

Hey broune at the first instance i did not provide the link. Once amish asked me to provide the link as its not my property i provided the link. Anyway its not my property so i dont have any problem in provdiding the link.:thumbsup:

Providing the link gives only a legitamacy to the message; it will help those who want to explore further. It is not a crime if link is not provided. Most of the newsreports claim to sources which don't want to be identified.

its not a crime but not morally correct as well. some1 else did the hardwork u shud mention it/them.

Back