BSNL 3G: Micromax MMX300G Crashes Vista

• Thread starter Thread starter boabjohn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,557

boabjohn

ISP
BSNL
I'm running a fully updated version of VISTA Business on a Dell duo D830 with 2Gb RAM. The machine is clean: no nonsense applications.I purchased an MMX300G data card last month, and installed the drivers when prompted after inserting the device.I got a blue screen error. Thinking it was an anomaly, I cleared the software off, and started over.Long stoy => short: for the past month I have had blue screen crashes *every time* the driver loads. The error is difficult to catch, but it appears to be an interrupt between the memory loading while a request is still taking place.After the blue screen recovery boot, the device loads fine and I can run the datacard no trouble.But after shutting down the machine, on the next start, I will get a blue screen crash, regardless of whether the machine is started with the data card already inserted, or whther the machine fully boots, and then the datacard is loaded. No matter...as soon as the data card starts to run (and I have turned off the auto run) it will confilct with something and crash the machine.Any clues gratedully received!JB

the question is... are the drivers meant for vista?

Well, good question...

On insertion, the device begins an auto-run sequence and simply installs itself. There are no prompts for verifying the OS, and this is usually taken care of by well-designed installers, yes?

I'm not even sure how to go about checking the driver version/intended OS...?

The insanely bad Micromax site does not even list the MMX300G as having a downloadable driver (Micromax: Downloads : Driver)

So...not sure where to turn next...and thanks for your fast reply in any event (I like your spread of platforms... always have the right tool for each type of work!)

oh well... vista had problems with XP based drivers. too bad if the website does not list the updated drivers. check the bsnl site for the drivers for vista?

Back