• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 9,188

devx101

Senior
ISP
LL/cable/3G then bck to EDGE
BSNL has a limited period offer on 3G USB Modems costing Rs.2000 and Rs.2500 respectively. The 3.6Mbps version costs 2k while the 7.2Mbps one is for 2.5k.:ashamed:

I wanted to know if anyone has taken any of these modems in the offer period from bsnl. The website shows linktop models but as per as my knowledge BSNL sells Micromax's cards.

To be specific has anyone bought the 7.2Mbps version. Please post the make and model no. and the user experience till now...:thumbsup:

Normal pricing currently in market, Check ebay.in or find sellers here itself by checking threads in bsnl 3G section3.6mbps supported modem Rs.1500 to 1600, you can take idea netsetter which is good Huawei model E1550and best modem is Huawei 1831 which supports speeds till 21/28 mbps and costs Rs.2800/-Would you still buy junky modem and bang you head on BSNL everyday as their warranty claims is very late + newer speed and good modems are already available everywhere.

Heard good reviews about Huawei UMG 1831 (21.1 mbps). Looks like a good dealer

3G Modem Store

yea you said it i also purchased a E1762 from him last month working fine for me.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

BSNL has a limited period offer on 3G USB Modems costing Rs.2000 and Rs.2500 respectively. The 3.6Mbps version costs 2k while the 7.2Mbps one is for 2.5k.:ashamed:

I wanted to know if anyone has taken any of these modems in the offer period from bsnl. The website shows linktop models but as per as my knowledge BSNL sells Micromax's cards.

To be specific has anyone bought the 7.2Mbps version. Please post the make and model no. and the user experience till now...:thumbsup:

bsnl at present modem is teracom comapny modem which not good for continuous use.
Better go for huawei Modem.
you can buy from the above mentioned dealer
and you will get 3mbps around 1800rs and 7mbps at 2500rs.

i bought a 7.2mbps teracom lw273 data card 3 days before, and i have not used datacards b4, i just inserted the sim and connected , the speed is horrible , its just 2 or 3 KBps, i had recharged for RS.4,200. can anyone help me out? if any changes have to be made in settings..............

i bought a 7.2mbps teracom lw273 data card 3 days before, and i have not used datacards b4, i just inserted the sim and connected , the speed is horrible , its just 2 or 3 KBps, i had recharged for RS.4,200.
can anyone help me out? if any changes have to be made in settings..............

That's what i'm worried about...escpecially being in chennai....somebody please help my buddy..

i am also having lw272 3.6mbps and i have recharge it with 4200 ul but my MAX SPEED RECIEVED is never more than 48KBps.i am really fealt cheated ,thinking to sell this one and planning to purchase Huawei 1831 (21.1 mbps).

i am also having lw272 3.6mbps and i have recharge it with 4200 ul but my MAX SPEED RECIEVED is never more than 48KBps.i am really fealt cheated ,thinking to sell this one and planning to purchase Huawei 1831 (21.1 mbps).

Test your connection with huawei if it is bought by your any relative or friend. Normally, speed depends on the distance between you and BTS. I agree it is also depend on the device.

Back