BSNL 3G problem Please Help!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter priyaiyer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,519

priyaiyer

ISP
BSNL
Hello, I bought BSNL 3G Teracom LW273 modem few days back. It worked perfectly for first 2-3 days but since past 5 days , whenever I try to connect it gets connected, shows connected status, but data transfer is 0 also no websites open, ping request times out , nslookup times out , nothing works. I tried to disconnect and reconnect but same thing, in dialer it shows connected but can't open anything. I tried opening webpages in IE and it reports that DNS Server isn't responding. Is someone else too facing this problem. BTW I am from Maharashtra and using bsnlnet APN.

Check with local BSNL office if they are having issues with their network.Their support is horrible, In my town, BSNL 3G is DEAD since last 24 hours, No one is able to connect and as usual official reply is "problem from higher level and not local"Also have you tried using open dns or google DNS it may help. search this forum and you'll get information on how to use BSNL 3G with open/google DNS.

Ya I am using open DNS , tried google DNS also but still no use. I am waiting for ganesh to reply here as I saw somewhere that he too is facing a similar problem.

Its not related to dns, its related to modem.I have same modem and i faced same problem. Status showed connected, but no sites would open, and no data transfer in torrent as well.But now i baught Huawei UMG 1831 and using same sim at same location that problem is no more, and also there are no disconnections. Getting nice speeds upto 2.8 mbps and not even a single disconnection in 10 hours and more.

Teracom modem is dusting right now. Not using, as it gave me a hell of a time.I will want to get it replaced from bsnl, but i dont have time right now to make rounds to bsnl.

Clear all DNS setting. Also delete the profile created in your dashboard.

Open command prompt with administrative privileges.

Type netsh int ip reset and Enter. After that restart your system.

Create a new profile with bsnlnet APN.

Now see if you're able to connect to the net.

Well I am able to connect but loads of websites not working for me. Speedtest.net hotmail.compaypal.comgodaddy.comand many more....This is ofcourse routing problems as the Domain IP is getting resolved.

Back