BSNL 3G Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter SaM003
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,142

SaM003

ISP
BSNL
I bought a BSNL 3G datacard(MMX 310G) back in October 2010. And, with the datacard I got a 3G sim with some free usage with a validity of 2 months and the speed and performance was just awesome. After this free usage period ended the validity of the card also gave way. So, I asked the customer care and other sources and recharged with Rs. 19 and did a topup worth Rs. 55 and received 6 months validity. Thus the sim was converted to 2g and I recharged it with Rs. 274 expecting to get 3g speeds but found it quite dissatisfying (speeds touching a max of 20 kbps). The sim stopped receiving 3g signals altogether. So after a lot of consultation and calls to customer care I recharged the same sim with Rs. 4200 and again the sim is receiving 3g signals but when I connect to the internet the browsing experience is quite like the 2g one and the downloading speeds are upto a mere "20 kbps". I have already tried the local service centre who dont have a clue and the customer care reply is still under process(and I suppose it will remain so...). Please suggest a way out. Should I recharge with some other pack or should I get another 3g sim with the same number?

Contact someone who can unlock your modem for other (also BSNL) sim. Migration from 2G to 3G is end so you cant move to 3G with this 2G connection. get a new 3G connection.

Of course migration on the basis of Re.1 recharge is over...But if you recharge a sim with Rs.19 and a Rs.55 topup then you get a validity of 6 months and you are reverted to 2g.That's what happened in my case, initially I was receiving 3g signal but after that recharge I wasn't(as in if I used the sim in my phone it wasn't receiving 3g signal).But when I recharged with Rs.4200 3g unlimited pack I started to get 3g signal yet again. But the speeds didn't improve(it remained as they were in case of 2g).So the question is how to get back the 3g speed?? Do I have to recharge with some other amount to get 3g validity etc. or is there another way... o_O

Finally, I got through to the customer care and as they said it takes time to bring a 3g connection which was converted to 2g back to 3g.....But, can anyone with such kind of experience, tell me how much time it might take in this process???Because the cc people never give you an exact time frame, they just say "your request is under process"... O_o

Back