BSNL 3G to 2G Migration......How in Kolkata ?

• Thread starter Thread starter deba
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 16,778

deba

ISP
BSNL
Dear All, I am planning to take a BSNL 3G SIM card and use a USB HSDPA Modem for Internet.At present unlimited 3G is very expensive so can I migrate the 3G plan to 2G and get about 1Mbps speed in unlimited plan.I have tried GPRS (2G) in HSDPA Modem but the speed is not that great. I stay in Central Kolkata (Pin 700 012) West Bengal - Is the migration from 3G to 2G possible and how ? I have seen users getting great speeds after conversion of 3G plan to 2G. Kindly guide and help.Thanks.

If you migratefrom 3G to 2G then how can you get 3G speeds? hmm.. may be some loophole in their system??anyways, to shift to 2G send SMS "M2G" to 53733. I am not sure if it works for kolkata circle. Try it.

A few months back my friend converted from 3G to 2G and instead of getting 3G speed, he got GPRS speed(Almost like dialup speed),regretted afterwards.

A few months back my friend converted from 3G to 2G and instead of getting 3G speed, he got GPRS speed(Almost like dialup speed),regretted afterwards.

Recharge with Rs.- 1/-I am using a 2G sim card. Getting a decent speed of 400-700kbps average (evening) all time and 2.8MBPs maximum in night and morning.Note- This is applicable for using in modem not in phone browsing. I am using Samsung Metro 3G (s5350) Shark and having very good speed. Try making and home made signal extension (antena).It will boost your performance.

I have a GPRS enabled Post Paid BSNL SIM. Can I use it to get 3G like speed.Presently I am using the GPRS facility but the speed is very poor. I think there is very poor signal quality in Central Kolkata (Yogayog Bhawan Area)Kindly reply. (Location: Central Kolkata 700 012)

According to my experience in postpaid it is not possible (may be). Try have a BSNL prepaid 2G. Use GPRS power of Rs-8 (1day/9GB) or Rs-274 (30days/unlimited). Set your network mode to UMTS only, not Automatic or Dual mode while using internet. Yes the area is little bit network crowded, try a good location while connecting within your home(ex- balcony).

Back