BSNL broadband configure two connections on 1 modem

• Thread starter Thread starter amangupta03
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,562

amangupta03

ISP
BSNL
hi guys. i m a comp novice. i hv recently bought a laptop and was configuring adsl modem on it through ethernet. my modem is also connected 2 my desktop at usb port. since configuring my laptop connection my desktop connection has stopped working.it works only when i connect my laptop to modem. kindly help asap

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
Check modem settings at the web site. given below. Please mention modem make.
1.Have you installed the USB drivers in the Desk top computer ?
2.Try ONLY USB port of modem to Desktop and try.
3. Connect Lan port ( with present settings )to Desktop and try.
SmartAX MT-882 ADSL MODEM MENU
or select your model from main menu.

Para two : Understand Desktop Internet connection won't work if laptop switched off. confirm.

the modem make is UT300r2u.i tried only connecting the usb port nd didnt attach ethernet wire. also have tried uninstalling nd reinstalling modem on desktop. problem still persists.wen the laptop is connected then also only explorer and yahoo messenger work.bitcomet, limewire and counter strike are not connected.desktop doesnt have a lan port. yes desktop is not connected to internet till laptop is connectd.

I am stumped..
Problem 1 .
Modem Ut330r2U Rj45 laptop ethernet port . Internet connected. only some websites load.
Problem 2 : Modem Ut300R2u USB port to Desktop USB will not connect to Internet
solution laptop is switched on Desktop working ok. connects to Internet.
( Reason:cannot use LAN from modem to desktop. No ethernet card in Desktop)
I cannot understand this function.

Para two : Suggestion 1. see these web sites. for Ut300R2U.
Initial Setup of UT300R2U ADSL Modem
Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki
Get the desk top to work with USB cable connected from modem independently.

Suggestion 2 : laptop working Ok with lAN connection. Try seperately. ( desktop off)
Can you modify the modem settings to work in Dialup mode and try for accessing the web sites ?
In your laptop: Do you have Antivirus/firewall programs installed ? What is the OS you use ?
IF Laptop is switched off,Desktop should work. independently.

Back