• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,353

shivam007

ISP
Airtel
Am from up (e)
the state bsnl states
1)home 250 plan is being given with unlimited downloading upto 30th june for a period of 14days

2)"Waiver of installation charges on all Plans of new B/B connections"

http://www.upe.bsnl.co.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118:15-days-free-trial-and-waiver-of-installation-charges&catid=1:broadband&Itemid=2

now the thing is that the people at my local exchange have no idea of such schemes,
what should i do,
should i presume them to be applicable or should i listen to the local exchange people? i even approached the head of broadband at my local exchange, even he seemed to be confused

also, i wish to know the waiting period for new broadband connection and also will they charge me advance rental?

PS:I've emailed the state head and others my problem and its been 30hrs and am still waiting for any sort of replies

this is a common problem , people at the exchange have NO IDEA regarding the latest offers from BSNL, something similar happened recently regarding a FREE WLL phone ( i think ) if you bill exceeds 500rs , but people at the exchange were not aware of that..

Do not depend on local exchange people. Talk to BSNL customer care or Divisional Engineer to confirm.

All right lets see if i can come across the divisional engineer. Anyways can anyone say it in one word.. Will the schemes be applicable by default if they are given on the up east state website?

called bsnl broadband helpline number 18004241600total bullshitthe recorded tariff of bsnl broadband were the old onesthe guy who attended my phone call had no idea of the schemes at all.moreover he sounded annoyed when i told him that the bsnl website tells about a particular offer..to which he annoyingly said to ask the local exchange (i asked them but even they didn't had the slightest of idea)i called the internet helpline number 1957a lady picked up. a complete jerk sounded as she had so many family troubles and issues with her husbandi asked did they had any offers under the home 250 plan..she interrupted me in between and said"number bataiye"i told hershe said "kahiye kya chahiye"i inquired about the offer on the home 250 planshe replied with a "recorded" noi shot back and said that the website says......line disconnected.........i was shell shocked and shattered the way i was treated on both the numbersits day 5 and i still have no answers to my questions sad......

Do not expect anything from the customer care. Always speak to a technical person if you are in need of answers.

I have some of the worst experiences with there customer service executives. There are times when i call them and they hang up right after i say hello. Other times they pick up the receiver and keep it on the table. You can hear them gossiping and laughing. Sometimes they ask me if it's ok to keep me on hold and when i say yes, they disconnect me. This angers me and when i call them back, the same person picks up the phone for a second and disconnects even before he can let me speak. I read somewhere in the forums that these CCE's have solved problems relating to DNS. I can never believe that.

Hi guys, i like to share one of my recent experiences with BSNL cc. Day b4 yerstday, my broadband connection failed. I was not getting any light in the modem ( Internet light). To be precise, i was not able to ping the DNS. I called the bsnl guyz at 2 in the morning. The call went directly to them, they were all chatting and all of a sudden that particular fellow was panicked and said hello. I said to him that, i was able to communicate with the modem(my pc has no problem) or my modem (since dsl light was up). He said that no technical people are available at this time and he gave some manual ip settings, which did not work . Next day I called the customer care and made a official complained. They called me in the eveining , i was not there. Again they called me around 9pm. I was not available at that time also. They tried to reach me 2 or 3 times today morning. A guy called at around 2 and spoke with me. After certain basic steps like changing the Dns and changing the mode(Bridge and pppoe) in modem homepage. He finally resetted my username and password from there afterwhich i was able to use the internet. I have been using BSN from 2007, i had issues initially for which they would take upto 1 week to rectify it. But for the past 6-8 months they are doing it within 2 days max. They are also calling me and checking if issue has got fixed. Dunno if they have outsourced the BSNL cc to any 3rd party..

It depends from state to state. At some places it is better than others. But overall rating is somewhere near zero. :)

wasted 4 hours of my lifethis time i went to the head telephone exchange @ mall roadan officer there did confirmed the scheme however he also added that on the aplication form i should have mentioned that i want the home 250 plan UNDER TRIALi was like wtf!!well anyways i will submit an application for a change of plan from home 250 to home 500 combobut then again i hope they are wise enough and put me on trial in the home 250 planand don't charge me installation feeits day 6..and the wait is on:mad:

Back