BSNL Broadband connection not working from 6 pm to 6 am!

• Thread starter Thread starter sridharj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,467

sridharj

ISP
BSNL
I have BSNL Broadband connection. I have shifted the line from groundfloor to first floor. After this, it is not working from 6 pm to 6 am. The dsl and internet light is not 'on' during this time. But it is perfectly working during the rest of the time. I have complained to BSNL who says this is peculiar problem. Any one can give solution RegardsJ.Sridhar

member/sridharj/ Does the phone work during this period ? Or you are sharing this connection with some one else in GF. , who gives the link? The adsl splitter is still in GF ?Which is the modem/router you use ? Have you set any time or "always on"option ?

Upvote 0
Dear Friend Thanks for your qurey. The phone line is perfectly working. The phone line is parellaly connected to a phone in hall. Local electrician only did the change. The adsl splitter is also shifted to first floor. It is Type I modem, small in size. I am not aware of how to set 'always on' or timings. Kindly advise how to check With regardsJ.Sridhar

Upvote 0
Is the phone line connected before or after the splitter?It is better to make as many parallel connections after the first phone line enters the splitter or modem.

Upvote 0
original setup1: GF : Telephone Jn>>>ADSL splitter>>>ModemPortRJ11>>>modem OK. working 24 Hours. Modified: setup 2 : FF : Telephone parallel line from GF: (Hall extra phone will reduce data signals use additional ADSL splitter here ) ADSL splitter>>>PHONE PORT>>>.phone extra in FF ADSL splitterModem Port ; RJ11 >>> modem. Problem:Will work only in day time ! You have not mentioned whether you use a dialer to connect and Also the modem/router model. If setup 1 worked setup 2 no changes needed /required Cannot pinpoint the fault now .

Upvote 0
GF= Girl Friend?? Sharing connection with GF??If that is the d case then ur entire bandwidth will be used up!:rofl:And also its d evening time, so...

Upvote 0
Guys I have applied for BSNL landline and also the broadband with that..can anyone tell me how much do I need to pay for the activation/installing charges..?I have one more question..am kinda dumb when it comes to the computers..but I have an internal modem in my PC...do I still need to take a modem from BSNL..Thanks!

Upvote 0
The internal modem LIKELY to be a dIalup modem. cannot use for ADSL CONNECTION.( may be a pci card with a telephone port )

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Back