BSNL Broadband Connectivity problem

vijiboopathy

ISP
BSNL
I have this problem for many days.

My net connection wont stands for long time. It disconnects within five minutes I have connected to it and I have to wait for some 10 minutes or to switch off the modem for that period to make it to connect for another 5 minutes. If I try for downloading something it will always be vain.

I am using unlimited BB Combo 750 which is unlimited usage.

My modem type is DNA-A211-I.

I have complained the customer care twice and reported this problem. They think it is the problem as there is no connection at all. So after their repair that day there will be no disturbance. The next day the same problem prevails. I am so fed up with them too.
What should I have to do to have continuous connection?

i am also experiencing the same problem. the landline is giving lot of disturbance. have complained last friday morning have got a call today and sending a personnel for physical check for the line today

1. Post your SNR and attenuation values.

2. Check the splitter. Replace it and make sure it is working.

3. Change the ethernet cable and check.

4. Are you getting limited or no connectivity ? If yes, check the LAN card. Just pull it out, clean it and the slot and put it back.

5. Make sure your connection follows this diagram

Thanks dilip.I am having SNR db 18.6 downstream and 22.0 upstream. But this value varies which I saw as 7db when there is frequent disconnection.The line attenuation range is 60 for downstream and 31.5 for upstream. I checked the splitter and it looks good for me and also it is connected as like shown in the diagram.What should I have to do to have stable SNR margin and Line attenuation range. I am in the remote place and it is a rural area.

Ask the line man to check your line. Make sure there are no joints or non insulated parts. It is better to handle this at line man level. If he refuses, then contact SDE of your exchange.

Thanks dilip, I will check that one. Thanks for your timely help and elaborate explanation.

Back