BSNL Broadband: error 678

• Thread starter Thread starter hap9980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6,397

hap9980

ISP
BSNL
Hi guys,I was using BSNL broadband for the last 5 months and had absolutely no problem. But from the last 14-15 days I am getting the following problem : whenever I try to go for a "connect" - I am getting a stuck screen with "Connecting through WAN miniport PPPoE.." after some 30 seconds I am getting the following error :Error 678: The remote computer does not respond".So I am not being able to connect to broadband for the last few days. I have tried to ping the ip 192.168.1.1 and is not showing any error all packets are being received properly,so i guess lan card is good.modem is working when i tried it at my frnds place ,but his modem(perfectly working at his place ) is also not working at my place. my wires etc are also in proper condition(so bsnl staff tell me) Could anyone of you please help me out ? I badly need the broadband connection for office purpose during out of office hours. Thanks in advance !

Welcome to broadband forum.in

create a new dialer and try.
Post this data:
Start/RUN/type cmd OK
New window
typeipconfig /all
copy/paste data here.

Mention ALWAYS your modem model/make in all your posts.

Last week, I had the same problem. I talked to the BSNL people. There was some error in the port at local exchange. They rectified and I was able to connect. Please lodge a complaint and seek help.

hi i am getting an error 735 while connecting broadband using BSNL broadbandplz suggest me some solutions to get out of this problem thank you

Back