BSNL Broadband goes down at 2PM everyday like they f**k it up manually!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,765
And yes, this is the kind of connectivity I get during the day time. All because my line speeds are higher and I would not let them drop it to 3999kbps which ends up giving me 2.8-3.2mbps on my 4mbps connection!

Its an automated process that is supposed to happen once every 24 hours. Gateway doesn't change so long as the gateway you're on isn't congested. That's how its supposed to work. But, it shouldn't transfer you to a gateway that is already overloaded, which seems to be the case here. Hence restarting the modem several times helps at times. Next time this happens, make a note of the gateway before and after 2. Why does this happen at 2? Idk.

chromaniac said:
I would not let them drop it to 3999kbps which ends up giving me 2.8-3.2mbps on my 4mbps connection!
You'll get ~3.5 Mbps. Mine is 4096 Kbps and I get exact 3.6 Mbps.

Mine was set at 3999kbps at the time of connection installation. I was getting 2.8-3.2mbps. Mostly in the 2.x range. It was quite horrible.
When I went to argue with them, I asked them to make it 4096 with additional buffer if possible. They just doubled it.

They actually flatout refused to change it. Saying it is same for everyone. By the time I reached home from exchange, they had changed it.

Ya, I'm not surprised. Anyway, what's your upload speed on Speedtest.net? I'm thinking about getting the BSNL upload line rate increased. It's just 256 Kbps. So, effectively I'm getting ~200 Kbps upload speed after adjusting for overhead. I don't upload anything, so it's not a big issue for me, but still if everyone else is getting 512 Kbps upload speed, then even I'm entitled to higher upload speed. Let me know.