BSNL Broadband: high latency & packet drops

• Thread starter Thread starter makubex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,656

makubex

ISP
BSNL
I've had very high latency to various game servers recently coupled with packet drops too. Gaming takes a hit there, but even surfing is not like before... pages take longer to load. I don't get full speeds on my direct downloads either.I tried installing cFosSpeed(it claims to reduce latency), but it didn't do anything. I've already optimized my MTU values using TCP Optimizer/Connection Booster etc My modem is:Firmware Version: UT300R2U.0011.01 HHardware Version: UT300R2U 2.2 Model Name: UT300R2U

latency and packet drop is maintained by the ISP.....to the bsnl is concerned that was too poor in internet ........there is nothing u can do in it.........

If that's the case, can anyone tell me whom I should call. The nodal officer? This problem is getting out of hand. Earlier this kind of latency spikes were only once in around 6 months. now its prevalent all the time.

If that's the case, can anyone tell me whom I should call. The nodal officer?

This problem is getting out of hand. Earlier this kind of latency spikes were only once in around 6 months. now its prevalent all the time.

try that once.......:)

If that's the case, can anyone tell me whom I should call. The nodal officer?

This problem is getting out of hand. Earlier this kind of latency spikes were only once in around 6 months. now its prevalent all the time.

U r from which palce... ??

u can try the concerned bsnl website for that state.

customers should speak to the concerned officers or compalin often whenver there is a problem instead of waiting to tide over the issue. :@

I have complained a lot of times about the low DL speeds & latency issues + Frequent disconnection to Customer Care but they don't seem to care much.I would try contacting a zonal officer or some one else personally when i have time...

I'm from Mangalore. I've heard that people in Bangalore also have this problem.I need to contact someone who understands what latancy is & the significance of having reasonable latencies. Most of the people at the CC don't know anything about this. They just say "Its all fine" :madness:I've tried calling 24x7 CC (1800-424-1600), they don't receive the calls at all.Calls to the nodal officer are not answered either.This is very frustrating & annoying, there should be some way I can make them look into this problem.:wall:

I have the same modem as Makubex, and exactly the same problem. I've had it ever since I took this Goddamn connection. BSNL is good for downloading and surfing, but absolutely SUCKS for online gaming and streaming media. Everytime my net goes down, it takes me several hours and sometimes days before its back. BSNL customer care always asks me what area I'm calling from and then says that there is a known issue in that area. The only reason I took this connection is because my area didn't have Airtel. I heard that Airtel is coming to this area, and so I'm waiting eagerly to say goodbye and good riddance to this lame excuse of an ISP...:yahoo:

Back