BSNL Broadband high latency to US servers

• Thread starter Thread starter makubex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 7,147

makubex

ISP
BSNL
I've been experiencing very high latency to US servers.I tried pinging the IP 64.93.92.5, and I get latency of anywhere between 450ms to 650ms, this happens during the day usually (11 am to 8 pm)alternatively, I have tried a tracert to 69.89.80.60, usually I'm routed through sprintlink servers, and I have very high latency there too.Do BSNL users in general have this problem? Is there any possible solution to this?

It pings around 270ms for me at this time

I have a feeling that this problem is related to the gateway, mine is 59.92.240.1Can others (preferably people from Karnataka) post their results here and specify your gateway please?

should I call up BSNL CC and ask them to give my my 14-digit pin and change my IP to 117.xx.xx.xx? could the problem be related to this?

My gateway is changing and my IP also changing.
Are you getting bsnl gateway 59.92.240.1 always ?
Also the modem seems same as Beetel 220BX. compare my screenshot and yours.
Tested the sites you mentioned and both are opening alright.

1.Start RUN type cmd type tracert Google
2.Change DNS to open dns 208.67.220.220. and 208.67.222.222 and try.
3.repeat 1 .
4.compare .

my IP changes, but my gateway is always 59.92.240.1I am already using Open DNS, and I'm getting these high ping times, would changing the DNS servers back to the BSNL ones improve the situation?

Can you please post a list of a few of the best BSNL DNS servers please? I'll try those and see if there are any changes

Back