BSNL Broadband: How to change from PPPoE to bridge type?

• Thread starter Thread starter climsum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 8,408

climsum

ISP
bsnl
i am using ut300r2u modem.. currently it is in PPPoE mode... i want to change it to bridge mode...pls tell me how to do it?...its urgent...

hope ur already given the ip settings at lan property..after that open web browser give 192.168.1.1 press enter then user name n password wil b asked..give user name n password "admin".. then u'l enter into the modem site..then click on configuration on the left menu.. then click on internet connection below.. then click on delete for every connection except the last one which shows vpi/vci as 0/35... click on the edit button then press click for the first screen. select pppoe over ethernet option and then click next...n the next screen u must enter the broadband username n password as given then click next..in the next page select obtain ip automatically, enable nat add default route.. ten click next and applay settings..then u'l get the connection if the link is steady..if u still unable to connect then log on to modem site n connect the net manually

i want to connect two pc with braodband by using switch for that i want to set user name and password in adsl Nokia siemens 2110 wired modem

log on to modem site by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar...
then the user name n password will b asked.. give username n password as admin.. after enterin to modem click on advance setup.. then a list will appear on the right side. click on the top edit button.. make sure that its vpi vci values are 0 n 35. click on the next button.. in the next view select bridge mode instead of pppoe.. in the next screen select NAT enable WAN service n enable firewall. then click next.. then click on save n then click on save n reboot..
now ur modem is in bridge mode...
u can access the net only after creatin a connection in ur pc...
u ve to give ur broadband username n password in that conection

----------

i want to connect two pc with braodband by using switch for that i want to set user name and password in adsl Nokia siemens 2110 wired
modem

hope ur already given the ip settings at lan property..
after that open web browser give 192.168.1.1 press enter then user name n password wil b asked..
give user name n password "admin".. then u'l enter into the modem site..
then click on configuration on the left menu.. then click on internet connection below.. then click on delete for every connection except the last one which shows vpi/vci as 0/35... click on the edit button then press click for the first screen. select pppoe over ethernet option and then click next...
n the next screen u must enter the broadband username n password as given then click next..
in the next page select obtain ip automatically, enable nat add default route.. ten click next and applay settings..
then u'l get the connection if the link is steady..
if u still unable to connect then log on to modem site n connect the net manually...

by this way u can set the user name n password in ur modem..
then connect the modem n two pcs to the switch.. modem ip is 192.168.1.1 so set the other two pc s address as 192.168.1.x n 192.168.1.y.. where 1

Back