• Thread starter Thread starter aswin0011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 9,705

aswin0011

ISP
Bsnl
Hello guys
I was using Bsnl broadband in dial up mode(not Always on)..recently i tried to set up wireless and the modem settings got reset somehow.
I tried following
Configure & Install PPPoE Bsnl Broadband Adsl Modem Router | BSNL Broadband
instructions to set it in PPPOE mode(Always on).It worked,But the INET Led keeps blinking all the time , even while iam connected to internet.There are frequent disconnections also. (Iam able to browse and download, connection speed
@ speedtest.net says 1.78 /mbps download,.38 upload, ping 153ms)
But sometimes i cant even download an mp3,beacuse of the disconnections.Torrents work fine,but their speed falls quickly and then goes up again.
I dont want the pppoe mode because of these disconnections,(the modem remains on) and want to go back to the dial up whenever needed mode.So I tried changing the mode to bridge(from ppoe).Nw the Inet Led is off. Can someone guide me on how to configure modem to dial up settings. thank you.
Modem type:type 2 ITI make DNA-A211-1 modem
Connection :BSNL HOme 500

WATS Inet ?

Its a led on the modem..written INET under that led, i think it is Internet connection status

normally POWER LED should be stable and LINK/CABLE should be stable

PC and DATA can keep blinking as they show data transfer

disconnection,was it before when you had in dial mode

no. In dial up mode the link LED(INET led) was stable..But now it is blinking rapidly(after i configured in Always on mode)

no. In dial up mode the link LED(INET led) was stable..But now it is blinking rapidly(after i configured in Always on mode)

have you done PPOPE or something else

yes ..i configured it in PPPOE mode..then the dialup didnt work.The net was connected at switching on modem..But there is the disconnection problem and blinking LINK LED.

Connection: BSNL broadband Home500Modem : DNA-A211-1 modemI have been using dial up access (I hope bridge mode) to connect my broadband.Now it has been changed to PPPOE, and the INET led(LINK/CABLE) which was stable in dial up access is rapidily blinking. Iam facing frequent disconnection issues also. so i want to quit PPPOE mode and change to the dial up access mode.

frequent disconnection is due to server problem. there is no connection between this bridge to pppoe change.If you want to change to previous, go to 192.168.1.1 and change it.

Back