BSNL broadband not working on DELL LAPTOIP WITH WINDOWS 7

• Thread starter Thread starter deepali
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,363

deepali

ISP
BSNL broadband
I have puchased a Dell laptop which has Windows Home Basic version installed on it.When I try to connect my BSNL broadband modem (Sterlite SAM100) to this laptop then the LAN light on the modem does not glow. As a result I can not connect to the BSNL broadand. Same connection works fine with another laptop with Windows XP.Can anybody help me in this?

1. check if your lan card drivers are installed properly.2. try connecting with some computer with same lan port.3. try re-installing the lan drivers from the cd or update it from Dell site.

I have a Dell STUDIO laptop with Windows 7 Professional. Although I was able to connect to my wireless network I was unable to access the internet through my BSNL Broadband connection. While it was working on my desktop with Windows XP and another laptop having Vista, somehow Windows 7 was not accepting the given IP address and would access internet in auto selection mode only and would not access certain pages. I was however able to solve this problem by going to the Wireless Network Connection Properties, select Internet Protocol Version 4 and go to properties again and filled in the following:IP Address: 192.168.1.7Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1Preferred DNS Server: 218.248.241.5and click Ok .Now your connection should work fine. Make sure there are no alternate connections for BSNL Broadband. This should work fine for you too.Prem

In case of windows 7, try uncheck ipv6 check box in tcp/ip properties and check. After unchecking you may be able to connect.

Back