BSNL Broadband Routing Issue [High Latency + Low Speeds]

• Thread starter Thread starter AgentX
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 108
  • Views Views 26,813
tbh, everyone has been affected, not only in South India. They still haven't fixed the bad gateway over here. Doesn't affect me, since I'm on the good gateway. Are all the gateways messed up over at your end? If there is one, try getting the nib people to shift you to it permanently, else just disconnect your line :(Also tracerts from people on mtnl would help. Since they alternate between airtel and ttsl.

All of the gateways I've found have more or less been affected. Only 2 out of 6 come back to normal by midnight everyday; others are bad 24/7! You've had some NIB complaints during the initial stages where they 'accepted' the problem right? Any status updates on that? Feels weird that not many are complaining about this if its affecting the entire nation.Unfortunately, I do not have any other option other than BSNL so I'm handicapped, and have been looking for alternatives from months with no success. The 2 gateways which come back at midnights use TTSL whereas the ones fully affected are using Airtel.I've just had one more 'deep fighting session' in my exchange today, and found no resolution as they keep denying ping issues and always state 'Pings are always out of our control'. The local NIB people are even more less friendly so I'm back to square one.

I'd sent them a mail askimg them to allow my line to only connect to 117.198.128.1, has been smooth sailing since then. No airtel routes here.I guess, they're just outta capacity and dont have any money to buy more. Any misconfiguration on their part would have been resolved by now. Its just a matter of time before the gateway I'm on chokes to death.

Is that a generic email from someone who can handle complaints from other states or can possibly forward it to someone who can? If so, please PM me the email ID, it'll be helpful here.I just had a check on your gateway and find that it's going to be choked pretty much soon, but you still have 'awesome' local network connectivity to other parts of India (well within 50ms) compared to 500's on mine. So I believe there is indeed a misconfiguration, at-least on the local route.

Geez, I didnt know that they latency within India too sucked. 500ms :O There has to be someone capable enough at the noc to resolve this.I'd just sent an email to the bunch ids listed under the bb multiplay project. Guess, ive already told this to you before. Also, how did you run a check on my gateway?

Lol, that is why I'm complaining all the time; if the connection is good enough to a city like Mumbai, I can possibly rent out a VPN and lessen out the frustration. Did you receive a reply to the bunch of emails you sent? I sent one too, perhaps a few months ago but never received a response.

You can check all the stuff here :
just ping - Online ping - Online web-based ping: Free online ping from 50 locations worldwide - try it with my gateway to know 'more' - 117.201.0.1 - things are becoming a little better since it's getting late, but they're still very high enough for a jaw-dropping moment.

Nope, I did not recieve any reply. But, since then I've been on 117.198.128.1 until today.Edited by mistake. On 117.212.120.1 right now, pings to certain locations are much improved. Specially to the uk and s'pore.

I am from Amritsar, Punjab on NIB-II and I am facing similar issues. Sometimes, ping varies a lot. Sometimes it is 70 ms and sometimes it is 400ms to the same website! From a month I have been facing these issues. Sometimes pinging certain websites return "request timed out" error too. Download speed is up to the mark but surfing experience is really bad. I tried changing MTU values, DNS servers but nothing seems to work. My line condition is good so it must be a fault at BSNL's end.

Back