Bsnl broadband speed low

• Thread starter Thread starter Idhayakani
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,363
ISP
No
I am in 2mbps plan 1199.I am getting 1.6mbps average in speedtest. Complaint to bsnl they say maximum speed will be from 1 to 1.5mbps only.Complaint made in twitter but no use. how to get 2mbps speed?
My router shows line rate for download 1999 kbps. When i used 8mbps plan before i got only 6.5 mbps. Bsnl exchange is within 1 km from my house.

BSNL is an ass. They strive to deliver max of 80 percent speed which is minimum they need to provide as per trai regulations. You can try pgportal. But it probably won't work. Writing to appellate authority is probably a better idea.

Yup. The maximum speed I've seen on my 2Mbps BSNL line is 1.8Mbps and average speed of 1.7Mbps. While my local ISP always provide me around 4.1 Mbps on my 4Mbps link.

I have been using BSNL Broadband for 3 years now. My plan is 4 MB/s till 175 GB and after that 256KB/s . I only get speeds of 3.4 to 3.5 Mb/s max . I pay 2587- every month for this shit plan. (2250+stax).I can't use airtel as airtel doesn't give me more than 2 mb/s in my area even though they have better plans and I can't change my Bsnl plan because the only plan which gives more than 175 gb is even more expensive than my existing plan . Every two months I have to face broadband problems from 2 hours to 5 hours.

so you can take a few speedtest results which show the net speed below 80% of advertised speeds and use that to complain to the appellate authority or pgportal. the speed has to be above 80% before fup is hit. if the wiring in your area is good which seems to be the case as you have access to faster speed plans, you basically have to push hard to get them to boost your line speed to at least 3000kbps. if you are the arguing type, you can also try visiting your exchange and fight it out with the guys there.

Back