BSNL Broadband using Laptop Internal Modem?

• Thread starter Thread starter bonyc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6,699

bonyc

ISP
BSNL ADSL
Hi, I need some urgent help from the experts here :)I use to run on BSNL broadband using SmartAX External Modem. But yesterday, the modem fell down and it is broken now and not working. I want to know if I can still use the BSNL broadband using the internal modem in my Laptop?If I can, please let me know how to configure it.Thank you and hoping for some help from here.Thank you,Bony

@BonyC
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Yes. ( But not for BB)
Depending on the model, there should be a 56K dialup modem.( usually conexant )
(If there is a Telephone type port RJ11 cable at the rear right hand corner)
Check here. Start//Control Panel/System/Device Manager/ Hardware / modems
Para two:
For emergency use you can try NETONE
NETONE ACCESS SIMPLIFIED
or get a sancharnet 100 hours card. Valid for one year plus free surfing holidays NU 2300-0630 etc )
for Rs 550/= plus taxes , I think. You can get the card from any BSNL shop/ CC centers. Lower hours also available.
Home
Royal speed of 2 to 4 KB/sec .
To make a dialup connection Start/allprograms/accessories/ communications/ internet connection etc.
Para three : If the power light and other lights comes comes up, Test the modem again. ( if inside the board is broken , no hope ). Try BSNL exchange for a replacement.They are supposed to charge only book value for the old/used modem. If you are lucky they may replace it free of any further charges.

you cannot use your internal modem with bsnl broadband.. because your internal modem is a dial up modem and bsnl dataone is broadband.. they both run on totally different technology..You might have to consider buying another adsl modem router.. either from bsnl or elsewhere.. i dont know whether you will be able to fix it or not..

Thank you essbebe for the wonderful explanation and thank you superprash2003 for useful reply. I think I will have to try another broadband as I found some problem with the connection line as well.Thank you for the help. Really appreciated.Bony

Back